UPSC Oriya Syllabus for IAS Exam 2020
UPSC Oriya Syllabus 2020 for IAS Exam has been released by UPSC through the Civil Service Exam Notification. Oriya Literature is one of the many optional subjects that can be opted for the UPSC Civil Services Mains Exam. The subject consists of two papers for 250 marks each. Therefore, making a total of 500 marks. Candidates must have a clear idea of the UPSC syllabus before taking the exam. Below given is the detailed information of the same.
UPSC Oriya Syllabus 2020 - Paper I
Section A: History of Oriya Language
(1) Origin and development of Oriya Language-Influence of Austric, Dravidian, Perso-Arabic and English on the Oriya Language.
(2) Phonetics and Phonemics: Vowels, Consonants Principles of changes in Oriya sounds.
(3) Morphology: Morphemes (free, bound compound and complex), derivational and inflectional affixes, case inflection, conjugation of the verb.
(4) Syntax: Kinds of sentences and their transformation, structure of sentences.
(5) Semantics-Different types of change in meaning Euphemism.
(6) Common errors in spellings, grammatical uses and construction of sentences.
(7) Regional variations in Oriya Language (Western, Southern and Northern Oriya) and Dialects (Bhatri and Desia)
Section B: History of Oriya Literature
(1) Historical backgrounds (social, cultural and political) of Oriya Literature of different periods.
(2) Ancient epics, ornate kavya and padavalis.
(3) Typical structural forms of Oriya Literature (Koili, Chautisa, Poi, Chaupadi, Champu).
(4) Modern trends in poetry, drama short story, novel, essay and literary criticism.
UPSC Oriya Syllabus 2020 - Paper II
The paper will require first-hand reading of the text and test the critical ability of the candidate.
Section A - Poetry (Ancient)
1. Sarala Das-Shanti Parva from Mahabhar ta.
2. Jaganath Das-Bhagabate, XI Skandha-Jadu Avadhuta Sambada. (Medieval)
3. Din krushna Das-Rasakallola- (Chh ndas-16 & 34)
4. Upendra Bhanja-L vanyabati (Chhandas-1 & 2) (Modern)
5. Radhanath Ray-Chandrabhaga
6. Mayadhar Manasinha-Jeevan Chita
7. Satchidananda Routray-Kabita- 1962
8. Ramakanta Ratha-Saptama Ritu.
Section B - Drama
9. Manoranjan Das-Katha-Ghoda
10. Bijay Mishra-Tata Niranjan Novel :
11. Fakir Mohan Sen pati-Chham na Athaguntha
12. Gopin th Mohanty-Danapani Short Story :
13. Surendra Mohanty-Maralara Mrityu
14. Manoj Das-Laxmira Abhisara Essay :
15. Chittaranjan Das-Taranga O Tadit (First five essays).
16. Chandra Sekhar Rath-Mun Satyadh rma Kahuchhi (First five essays)
UPSC Optional Subject Syllabus
UPSC Literature Optional Syllabus
UPSC General Studies Syllabus
UPSC Indian Language and English Syllabus (IAS Mains Exam Qualifying Papers)