UPSC Marathi Syllabus for IAS Exam 2020
UPSC Marathi Syllabus 2020 for IAS exam is provided by UPSC through the civil service exam notification. Marathi is one of the many optional subjects that can be opted for the UPSC civil services mains exam. UPSC Marathi Syllabus for IAS mains exam consists of two papers for 250 marks each. Therefore, making a total of 500 marks. Below given is the detailed syllabus for UPSC syllabus.
UPSC Marathi Syllabus 2020 - Paper I
Section A: Language and Folk-Iore
(a) Nature and Functions of Language (with reference to Marathi) Language as a signifying system: Langue and Parole; Basic functions; Poetic language; Standard Language and dialect; Language variations according to social parameters. Linguistic features of Marathi in the thirteenth century and seventeenth century.
(b) Dialects of Marathi Ahirani; Varhadi; Dangi
(c) Marathi Grammar Parts of Speech; Case-system; Prayogvichar (Voice)
(d) Nature and kinds of Folk-lore (with special reference to Marathi) Lok-Geet, Lok Katha, Lok Natya
Section B: History of Literature and Literary Criticism
(a) History of Marathi Literature
1. From beginning to 1818 AD, with special reference to the following: The Mahanubhava writers, the Varkari poets, the Pandit poets, the Shahirs, Bakhar literature.
2. From 1850 to 1990, with special reference to developments in the following major forms: Poetry, Fiction (Novel and Short Story), Drama; and major literary currents and movements, Romantic, Realist, Modernist, Dalit Gramin, Feminist.
(b) Literary Criticism
1. Nature and function of Literature;
2. Evaluation of Literature;
3. Nature, Objectives and Methods of Criticism;
4. Literature, Culture and Society.
UPSC Marathi Syllabus 2020 - Paper II
The paper will require first-hand reading of the texts prescribed and will be designed to test the candidate s critical ability.
Section A: Prose
(2) Mahatma Jotiba Phule Shetkaryacha Asud; Sarvajanik Satyadharma
(3) S.V. Ketkar Brahmankanya;
(4) P.K. Atre Sashtang Namaskar
(5) Sharchchandra Muktibodh Jana Hey Volatu Jethe
(6) Uddhav Shelke Shilan
(7) Baburao Bagul Jevha Mi Jaat Chorli Hoti
(8) Gouri Deshpande Ekek Paan Galavaya
(9) P.I. Sonkamble Athavaninche Pakshi
Section B: Poetry
(1) Namadevanchi Abhangawani
Ed: Inamdar, Relekar, Mirajkar
Modern Book Depot, Pune
Ed : M.N. Adwant
Sahitya Prasar Kendra, Nagpur
By Raghunath Pandit
(4) Balakvinchi Kavita
By Vinda Karandikar
By Narayan Surve
(8) Sandhyakalchya Kavita
(9) Ya Sattet Jeev Ramat Nahi
By Namdev Dhasal
UPSC Optional Subject Syllabus
UPSC Literature Optional Syllabus
UPSC General Studies Syllabus