UPSC Hindi Syllabus for IAS Exam 2020
UPSC Hindi Syllabus 2020 is released in the official notification of the IAS exam. Hindi literature is an optional subject that the candidates have to choose. There are a total of two papers and each paper comprises of two sections. Both Paper 1 and Paper 2 are of 250 marks each. The total marks of the optional subject are 500.
Continue reading the article to get details of UPSC Hindi Syllabus for IAS exam.
UPSC Hindi Syllabus - Paper I
Section - A
1. History of Hindi Language and Nagari Lipi.
I. Grammatical and applied forms of Apbhransh, Awahatta & Arambhik Hindi.
II. Development of Braj and Awadhi as literary language during medieval period.
III. Early form of Khari-boli in SiddhaNath Sahitya, Khusero, Sant Sahitaya, Rahim etc. and Dakhni Hindi.
IV. Development of Khari-boli and Nagari Lipi during 19th Century.
V. Standardisation of Hindi Bhasha & Nagari Lipi.
VI. Development of Hindi as national Language during freedom movement.
VII. The development of Hindi as a National Language of Union of India.
VIII. Scientific & Technical development of Hindi Language.
IX. Prominent dialects of Hindi and their inter- relationship.
X. Salient features of Nagari Lipi and the efforts for its reform & Standard form of Hindi.
XI. Grammatical structure of Standard Hindi.
I. The relevance and importance of Hindi literature and tradition of writing History of Hindi Literature.
II. Literary trends of the following four periods of history of Hindi Literature.
A. Adikal-Sidh, Nath and Raso Sahitya. Prominent poets-Chandvardai, Khusaro, Hemchandra, Vidyapati.
B. Bhaktikal-Sant Kavyadhara, Sufi Kavyadhara, Krishna Bhaktidhara and Ram Bhaktidhara. Prominent Poets-Kabir, Jayasi, Sur & Tulsi.
C. Ritikal-Ritikavya, Ritibaddhakavya & Riti Mukta Kavya. Prominent Poets-Keshav, Bihari, Padmakar and Ghananand.
D. Adhunik Kal
a. Renaissance, the development of Prose, Bharatendu Mandal.
b. Prominent Writers : Bharatendu, Bal Krishna Bhatt & Pratap Narain Mishra.
c. Prominent trends of modern Hindi Poetry : Chhayavad, Pragativad, Proyogvad, Nai Kavita, Navgeet and Contemporary poetry and Janvadi Kavita. Prominent Poets : Maithili Sharan Gupta, Prasad, Nirala, Mahadevi, Dinkar, Agyeya, Muktibodh, Nagarjun.
III. Katha Sahitya
A. Upanyas & Realism
B. The origin and development of Hindi Novels.
C. Prominent Novelists : Premchand, Jainendra, Yashpal, Renu and Bhism Sahani.
D. The origin and development of Hindi short story.
E. Prominent short Story Writers : Premchand, Prasad, Agyeya, Mohan Rakesh & Krishna Shobti.
IV. Drama & Theatre
A. The origin & Development of Hindi Drama.
B. Prominent Dramatists : Bharatendu, Prasad, Jagdish Chandra Mathur, Ram Kumar Verma, Mohan Rakesh.
C. The development of Hindi Theatre.
A. The origin and development of Hindi criticism: Saiddhantik, Vyavharik, Pragativadi, Manovishleshanvadi & Nai Alochana.
B. Prominent critics : Ramchandra Shukla, Hajari Prasad Dwivedi, Ram Vilas Sharma & Nagendra.
VI. The other forms of Hindi prose-Lalit Nibandh, Rekhachitra, Sansmaran, Yatra-vrittant
UPSC Hindi Syllabus - Paper IIThis paper will require first-hand reading of prescribed texts and will test the critical ability of the candidates.
1. Kabir : Kabir Granthawali, Ed, Shyam Sundar Das (First hundred Sakhis.)
2. Surdas : Bhramar Gitsar, Ed. Ramchandra Shukla (First hundred Padas)
3. Tulsidas : Ramchrit Manas (Sundar Kand) Kavitawali (Uttar Kand). Employment News 23 - 29 May 2015 www.employmentnews.gov.in 65
4. Jayasi: Padmawat Ed. Shyam Sundar Das (Sinhal Dwip Khand & Nagmativiyog Khand)
5. Bihari : Bihari Ratnakar Ed. Jagnnath Prasad Ratnakar (First 100 Dohas)
6. Maithili : Bharat Bharati Sharan Gupta
7. Prasad : Kamayani (Chinta and Sharddha Sarg)
8. Nirala : Rag-Virag, Ed. Ram Vilas Sharma (Ram Ki Shakti Puja & Kukurmutta).
9. Dinkar : Kurushetra
10. Agyeya : Angan Ke Par Dwar (Asadhya Vina)
11. Muktiboth : Brahma Rakshas
12. Nagarjun : Badal Ko Ghirte Dekha Hai, Akal Ke Bad, Harijan Gatha.
1. Bharatendu : Bharat Durdasha
2. Mohan Rakesh : Ashad Ka Ek Din
3. Ramchandra Shukla : Chintamani (Part I) (Kavita Kya Hai] Shraddha Aur Bhakti)
4. Dr. Satyendra : Nibandh Nilaya-Bal Krishna Bhatt, Premchand, Gulab Rai, Hajari Prasad Dwivedi, Ram Vilas Sharma, Agyeya, Kuber Nath Rai.
5. Premchand : Godan, Premchand ki Sarvashreshtha Kahaniyan, Ed. Amrit Rai/Manjusha - Prem Chand ki Sarvashreshtha Kahaniyan, Ed. Amrit Rai.
6. Prasad : Skandgupta
7. Yashpal : Divya
8. Phaniswar Nath Renu : Maila Anchal
9. Mannu Bhandari : Mahabhoj
10. Rajendra Yadav : Ek Dunia Samanantar (All Stories)
UPSC Optional Subject Syllabus
UPSC Literature Optional Syllabus
UPSC General Studies Syllabus