UPSC Gujarati Syllabus for IAS Exam 2020
UPSC Gujarati Syllabus 2020: Gujarati literature is one of the optional subjects that the candidates can choose while taking the IAS exam. The subject comprises two papers of 250 marks each making the subject to a total of 500 marks. The answers to the questions should be written in Gujarati Language only.
The literature subjects are more likely to enhance your success rate in the exam so choosing the right plays a crucial role. Candidates must have a clear understanding of the UPSC IAS syllabus before appearing in the exam. For your convenience, we have curated the details of UPSC Gujarati Syllabus 2020.
UPSC Gujarati Syllabus - Paper I
Gujarati Language: Form and history
1. History of Gujarati Language with special reference to New Indo-Aryan i.e. last one thousand years.
2. Significant features of the Gujarati language: Phonology, morphology and syntax.
3. Major dialects: Surti, Pattani, charotari and Saurashtri.
History of Gujarati Literature
4. Jaina tradition
5. Bhakti tradition: Sagun and Nirgun (Jnanmargi)
6. Non-sectarian tradition (Laukik parampara)
7. Sudharak yug
8. Pandit yug
9. Gandhi yug
10. Anu-Gandhi yug
11. Adhunik yug
Literary Forms : (Salient features, history, and development of the following literary forms):
1. Narratives: Rasa, Akhyan and Padyavarta
2. Lyrical: Pada (b) Folk
3. Bhavai (c) Modern
4. Fiction: Novel and short story
6. Literary Essay
7. Lyrical Poetry (d) Criticism
8. History of theoretical Gujarati criticism
9. Recent research in the folk tradition.
UPSC Gujarati Syllabus - Paper IIThe paper will require first-hand reading of the texts prescribed and will be designed to test the critical ability of the candidate.
(i) Vasantvilas phagu-Ajnatkrut
(iv) Chandrachandravatini varta-Shamal
2. Sudharakyug & Pandityug
(vi) Mari Hakikat-Narmadashankar Dave
(vii) Farbasveerah- Dalpatram
(viii) Saraswatichandra-Part-I Govardhanram Tripathi
(ix) Purvalap- 'Kant' (Manishankar Ratnaji Bhatt)
(x) Raino Parvat-Ramanbhai Neelkanth
1. Gandhiyug & Anu Gandhiyug
(i) Hind Swaraj-Mohandas Kar-machand Gandhi
(ii) Patanni Prabhuta- Kanhaiyalal Munshi
(iii) Kavyani Shakti- Ramnarayan Vishwanath Pathak
(iv) Saurashtrani Rasdhar Part 1- Zaverchand Meghani
(v) Manvini Bhavai-Pannalal Patel
(vi) Dhvani-Rajendra Shah
2. Adhunik yug
(vii) Saptapadi-Umashankar Joshi
(viii) Janantike- Suresh Joshi
(ix) Ashwatthama- Sitanshu Yashaschandra
UPSC Optional Subject Syllabus
UPSC Literature Optional Syllabus
UPSC General Studies Syllabus