UPSC Exam Notification 2019
UPSC Civil Service Exam (IAS) Calendar 2019
|Civil Service Exam||Important Dates|
|Release of Notification||19-02-2019|
|Last Date To Apply||18-03-2019|
|Civil Services Preliminary Examination||02-06-2019|
|Civil Services Mains Examination||20-09-2019|
According to the latest UPSC Notification 2019, the number of vacancies to be filled on the result of the examination is 896 vacancies, which include 39 vacancies reserved for P.H. Category.
UPSC Notification 2019 provides important information to the candidate like exam date, pattern and marks of Preliminary examination and Optional subjects for UPSC Mains Exam etc.
How to apply for Civil Services Examination?
Since the postal application system is unavailable now, candidates must apply on the UPSC website. Also, the Admit Cards can be directly downloaded from the UPSC Website, as mentioned in the official notification of the exam.
While applying, there are few points that need to be taken care of -
- While registering online for the exam, make sure you submit only a single application.
- Applicants who are already in Government service, Government owned industrial undertakings, or other similar organization, or in private employment, should submit their applications directly to the Union Public Service Commission.
- Candidates can select examination centres from the list maintained by UPSC.
- Candidates should carefully choose examination centre for exams during the registration process. Both Prelims and Mains have separate centres, but once you have locked a centre for the exam (whether it s for Prelims or Mains), it is not possible to change. Please note, that Commission reserves the right to change the Centres at their discretion if the situation demands. The candidates should note that no request for change of centre will be entertained, once allocated.
- There is no need to submit any certificate regarding age, education qualification, caste etc. along with the application form. It will be verified only in UPSC Mains exam.
Note: Fill your online application as soon as possible after the release of the notification as the centres are allocated on "first-apply-first allot" basis.
Eligibility for Civil Services Exam
The Eligibility for Civil Services exam is based on certain criteria viz. nationality, educational qualifications, age limits and the number of attempts.
- For IAS and IPS, the applicant should be a citizen of India with a degree (discussed below).
- For other Group A and Group B services, the applicant should be -
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came to India, before January 1, 1962, with an intention to settle permanently in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Bachelors degree in any subject from a Central or State University under Section-3 of University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or an institution established under Parliamentary Act.
- Applicants pursuing last semester of his/her graduation or awaiting result can also apply for the Preliminary examination.
- Candidates who qualify the Preliminary exam will have to produce a proof of their Bachelor's degree in order to appear for the CS Mains.
UPSC Civil Services Age Limit and Number of Attempts
Age limit for IAS exam is that a candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years.
UPSC age upper limit is relaxed for
- OBC category - relaxation of three years
- SC/ST category - relaxation of five years
- Jammu and Kashmir domicile - relaxation of five years
- Defence Security Personnel - relaxation of three years
IAS Exam age upper limit and number of attempts
|Category||Upper Age Limit for UPSC||Number of Attempts|
|SC/ST||37 years||No limit|
Exam Fee for Civil Services Exam Application
Civil Service Preliminary and Mains have separate fees. Please see the table below for the details:
|Category||UPSC Prelims Exam Fee|
|General and OBC Category||Rs 100|
|All Female candidates||Fee exempted|
|SC/ST/PwD candidates||Fee exempted|
Candidates have the option of paying the fee of Rs 100/- online by debit card, credit card, online banking etc. Those who wish to pay by cash can go to any SBI branch pay and collect a system generated challan, on or before 18th March 2019.