UPSC Cut off 2020 for IAS Prelims and Mains - Check Expected Cutoff Here
UPSC Cut off 2020 - UPSC Recruitment 2020 has been commenced with the release of official notification. The IAS Prelims 2020 has been successfully concluded on October 4, 2020. IAS Answer Key for the preliminary exam is made available by NeoStencil. The official answer key for the exam will be available on the official website soon.
UPSC IAS cut off 2020 will be released by the authority after the declaration of the UPSC Final Result in the month of May 2021. Candidates have to qualify the cut off in order to secure the post. It is to be noted that the candidate's score in the IAS Preliminary exam is not considered for preparing the final merit list. The combined score of the IAS Mains and personality test will be considered while making the final merit list of the UPSC exam.
The UPSC cut off 2020 is yet to be released, candidates can go through the expected cut off which is provided based on the previous year cut off score.
UPSC Cut off 2020 - Expected Prelims Cut off
|Category||Expected Cut off Marks|
Factors Affecting UPSC Cut off Score
Civil Services Cut Off marks decided by UPSC are based on various factors, some are listed below:
- Total Number of Vacancies.
- Total Number of Candidates Participating in Each Stage.
- Level of Difficulty of Questions.
- Marking Scheme.
- Reservation Norms.
- Last Year cut off Trends.
UPSC Previous Years' Cut offUPSC releases the prelims, mains, and final cut off at its official website. Below we have provided the previous years' cut off for the exam.
UPSC Cut Off Marks 2019
|Exam||General||EWS||OBC||SC||ST||PwBD 1||PwBD 2||PwBD 3||PwBD 5|
UPSC Cut Off Marks 2018
UPSC Cut Off 2017
UPSC Cut Off 2016
UPSC Cut off Marks of IAS Prelims Exam
UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Examination is the first step of the selection process for various Civil Services. UPSC Preliminary Examination of Civil Services consists of two compulsory papers, namely General Studies Paper-I (GS Paper I) and General Studies Paper-II (GS Paper II) which is often referred to as Civil Service Aptitude Test (CSAT).
- General Studies Paper I is of qualifying nature for Mains Written Exam. The marks obtained in this paper are considered for shortlisting to the Mains Exam. UPSC decides cut off marks for this paper.
- In General Studies Paper-II, candidates need to secure the minimum qualifying marks which are 66, i.e., 33% of 200 marks. Cut off marks are not applicable to this paper.
- Thus for shortlisting candidates to UPSC Civil Services Mains written examination, UPSC considers marks obtained by the candidates in GS Paper I and qualifying marks in GS Paper-II.
Each year on average, based on the Civil Services Prelim cut-off marks decided by UPSC, the number of candidates to be shortlisted for UPSC Civil Services Mains Examination is around 12 to 13 times the total number of vacancies to be filled through the UPSC Civil Services Exam.
UPSC Cut off Marks for IAS Mains Exam
UPSC Mains written examination is the second step of the UPSC Civil Services Selection process. UPSC Mains Examination consists of nine papers of conventional essay type, out of which two are qualifying papers (Paper A - Indian Language, Paper B - English), each of 300 marks, and seven other papers (Paper I to Paper VII) are compulsory which are of 250 marks each and are counted for merit.
- Only candidates who secure cut off marks (as decided by UPSC) in Civil Services Prelim Exam are allowed to attend Paper A and Paper B of Mains written examination.
- Candidates need to obtain at least 25% marks in qualifying papers (Paper A and Paper B) as a cut off to appear in the next 7 papers of the UPSC Civil Services Mains examination.
- Cut off of UPSC Civil Services Mains written exam is calculated on the basis of minimum 10% marks in each of the competitive papers i.e., Essay paper, GS-I, GS-II, GS-III, GS-IV, Optional Paper-I, and Optional paper-II.
Each year on an average, based on the Civil Services Mains Written Exam cut off marks decided by UPSC, the number of candidates shortlisted for the Interview stage is twice the total number of vacancies to be filled through the UPSC Civil Services Exam.
UPSC Cut off of IAS Interview
The Interview or personality tests for UPSC Civil Services are conducted for a total of 275 marks. There are no minimum qualifying marks or cut off for UPSC Civil Services Interview.
UPSC Cut off for Final Ranking
UPSC releases final cut off marks for various civil services posts after completion of the interview. This Civil Services Final Cut off is based on UPSC Civil Service Examination Mains - Written Exam (7 Compulsory Papers) marks and Interview scores secured by the candidates who cleared the examination in the last attempt.
UPSC releases All India Rank (AIR) of candidates, which is an aggregate of the marks obtained in all 7 Compulsory Papers of Mains written exam and Interview.
- Total marks of UPSC Mains Written Exam considered for Final Ranking = 7 compulsory papers (Paper I to Paper VII) x 250 marks = 1,750 marks.
- Total marks for Final Ranking = Marks of 7 compulsory papers in Mains Written Exam (out of 1,750 marks) + Interview marks (out of 275 marks)
Candidates who secure cut off marks for Final Ranking are allotted to the various civil services like IAS, IPS, IFS, IRS, etc., keeping in view their All India Rank in the UPSC exam and preferences expressed by them for the various services and posts.
UPSC Civil Services cut off marks for Final Ranking of last 4 years is provided:
UPSC Civil Services Exam Final Cut off Marks
Category wise UPSC Final cut off marks check the table provided below.
|General Cut off||OBC Cut off||SC Cut off||ST Cut off||PH1 Cut off||PH2 Cut off||PH3 Cut off|
UPSC Answer Key 2020
UPSC Civil Services Answer Key will be available separately for each paper. Candidates can cross-check correct options with the help of the answer key and analyze their answers as marked during the examination. UPSC will release the official answer key of UPSC 2020 after the final result announcement.
Instructions to download UPSC Prelims Answer Key 2020
Candidates can check how to download UPSC Prelims 2020 Answer Key using the following procedure:
- The Answer Key for each set of UPSC Civil Services question booklet is provided.
- Click on the link for UPSC Answer Key 2020 for your set i.e. the subjects were chosen by the candidate.
- A '.pdf' file will open up mentioning correct options for each question.
- Candidates are advised to download the UPSC 2020 Answer Key for their set for future references.
How to calculate scores for UPSC Civil Services Prelims 2020?
Candidates can calculate their scores with the help of UPSC IAS Answer Key 2020 as mentioned below:
- Marks scored by candidates in Prelims Paper I and II = total number of correct responses*marks allotted to each question- total number of wrong responses*marks deducted for each wrong answer
- For Paper I = correct responses out of 100*2 marks 0.66 marks for each incorrect answer
- For Paper II = correct responses out of 80*2.5 marks 0.85 marks for each incorrect answer
- Total Marks of Prelims exam = Paper I score + Paper-II score
Using the Answer Keys, the candidates can determine their score in the examination. The previous year cut offs give an insight into the marking system of the UPSC and help the candidates prepare well accordingly.Important Links related to UPSC Exam
FAQs related to UPSC Cut off marks
Q. What is the cut off marks in the UPSC exam?
A. The cut-off mark in UPSC is the minimum score that a candidate has to qualify to appear in the next round of the selection process.