UPSC Bodo Syllabus for IAS Exam 2020
UPSC Bodo Syllabus 2020 has been released in the official notification of the civil services exam. Candidates have to select one optional subject in the UPSC Mains exam. Bodo literature is one of the optional subjects that the candidates may choose.
The subject is divided into two papers i.e. Paper 1 and Paper 2 of 250 marks each. The total marks of the subject are 500 marks. Candidates who are fluent in Bodo literature can choose the subject to score better in IAS Exam.
Candidates must have a clear idea about the IAS exam syllabus before appearing in the exam. Therefore, we have curated below the details of UPSC Bodo Syllabus 2020.
UPSC Bodo Syllabus 2020 - Paper I
Section A: History of Bodo Language
1. Homeland, language family, its present status and its mutual contact with the Assamese.
2. (a) Phonemes: Vowel and Consonant Phonemes (b) Tones.
3. Morphology: Gender, Case & Case endings, Plural suffix, Definitives, Verbal suffix.
4. Vocabulary and its sources.
5. Syntax: Types of sentences, Word Order.
6. History of Scripts used in writing Bodo Language since inception.
Section B: History of Bodo Literature
1. General introduction of Bodo folk literature.
2. Contribution of the Missionaries.
3. Periodization of Bodo Literature.
4. Critical analysis of different genre (Poetry, Novel, Short Story, and Drama)
5. Translation Literature
UPSC Bodo Syllabus 2020 - Paper IIThe paper will require first-hand reading of the texts prescribed and will be designed to test the critical ability of the candidates.
(a) Khonthai-Methai (Edited by Madaram Brahma & Rupnath Brahma).
(b) Hathorkhi-Hala (Edited by Pramod Chandra Brahma)
(c) Boroni Gudi Sibsa Arw Aroz : Madaram Brahma.
(d) Raja Nilambar : Dwarendra Nath Basumatary.
(e) Bibar (Prose section) (Edited by Satish Chandra Basumatary)
(a) Gibi Bithai (Aida Nwi) : Bihuram Boro
(b) Radab : Samar Brahma Chaudhury
(c) Okhrang Gongse Nangou : Brajendra Kumar Brahma
(d) Baisagu Arw Harimu : Laksheswar Brahma.
(e) Gwdan Boro : Manoranjan Lahary
(f) Jujaini Or : Chittaranjan Muchahary
(g) Mwihoor : Dharanidhar Wary
(h) Hor Badi Khwmsi : Kamal Kumar Brahma
(i) Jaolia Dewan : Mangal Singh Hozowary
(j) Hagra Guduni Mwi : Nilkamal Brahma.
UPSC Optional Subject Syllabus
UPSC Literature Optional Syllabus
UPSC General Studies Syllabus