UPSC IAS Admit Card 2020 for Prelims Exam - Instructions to Download
UPSC IAS Admit Card 2020 - Union Public Service Commission will release UPSC IAS Admit Card for the Prelims examination three weeks prior to the exam. The IAS prelims exam which was scheduled to be held on May 31, 2020 will now be conducted on October 4, 2020. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the commission has postponed both prelims and mains exams.
With the revised exam dates, the availability of the UPSC IAS admit card has also been delayed. Now, the admit card for the preliminary examination is expected to be released in the third week of September 2020.
Candidates preparing for IAS Prelims can check the instructions and procedures to download the IAS admit card in this article.
UPSC IAS Admit Card 2020 - Important Dates
IAS Prelims exam notification
February 12, 2020
IAS Prelims exam Admit card release date
3rd week of September 2020
IAS Prelims exam
October 4, 2020
IAS Mains Application Form (DAF)
IAS Mains Admit card release date
IAS Mains exam date
January 8, 2021
UPSC IAS Admit Card - Instructions to download
Pre-Requisites to Download UPSC IAS Prelims Admit Card
- Registration ID and/or Roll Number
- In case you have forgotten the above details, you should be ready with your e-mail ID and mobile number to retrieve them.
Instructions to download UPSC IAS Admit Card
- First login to website https://upsconline.nic.in .
- Select Online Application for Various Examinations of UPSC.
- Search for e-Admit Card for Civil Service (Prelims) Examination 2020.
- Click on the link: To download the e-Admit card.
- Read instructions carefully and click Yes button to proceed further.
- Download your Admit Card using Registration ID or Roll Number.
- After entering all the details, Admit Card of IAS 2020 Prelims Exam will be displayed on the screen.
- Take the printout of the e-Admit Card and submit at the time of the exam.
- Keep the admit card safe for future reference.
Steps to retrieve registration ID to download IAS admit card
- First login to website and click on the link: To download e-Admit card as mentioned above.
- Click to know your registration ID.
- Select your examination.
- Find your ID by entering your mobile number or email ID.
- Enter your date of birth.
- Enter the security key provided.
- Enter Submit for final submission.
- Enter reset, in case there is any problem.
- To avoid the last-minute rush, candidates are advised to download their e-Admit Card and Important Instructions well in advance.
- In case of any problem in downloading IAS admit card for the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2020 or discrepancy noticed in the e-admit card, inform the UPSC authorities in detail on e-mail: email@example.com (For Technical Problem), firstname.lastname@example.org (For Applicant Data Problem).
IAS Prelims Admit Card 2020 Availability
The Call letter for IAS Prelims Examination will be available to download until October 4, 2020. This is the primary stage of the selection process and all those candidates who will qualify the IAS Prelims Examination will be further called for the Mains exam. Therefore, all the candidates who are looking forward to UPSC IAS Prelims Admit Card 2020 will be available to download on the official website from Septmber 2020 (tentative).
Details mentioned in the IAS admit card
In the UPSC IAS admit card the following details are mentioned
- Name of the Exam
- Date of the Exam
- Name of the candidate
- Roll No
- Father’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- UPSC Prelims Examination Centre
- Venue of the Exam (School name and address)
- Exam Paper Names and Codes
- Instructions to Candidates
Discrepancy in the IAS Admit card
In case, candidates face any discrepancy in the details provided on the UPSC IAS admit card, the candidate should immediately contact the concerned UPSC authorities for the rectification of details. If candidates fail to rectify or intimate the discrepancy to the authority he/she may face problems on the examination day.
Issues candidates may face in the UPSC IAS admit card:
- Candidate’s name spelling mistake in UPSC IAS admit card
- Wrong city provided in IAS admit card other than candidate’s choice
- Candidate’s Photograph not provided in IAS admit card
- Candidate is not able to download the IAS admit card even with valid Registration ID.
If candidate face any of the above-mentioned issues or any other discrepancy in the IAS admit card, then candidates should reach the UPSC officials during the working hours 9 AM to 6 PM.
UPSC Contact details:
Documents required along with IAS Admit Card at Exam Center
- A candidate should have original / photocopy of a valid Photo ID proof along with UPSC IAS admit card
- If the photograph is not visible on the Admit Card, candidates are advised to take two passport size photos along with the Valid identity proof.
- Candidates are advised to carry black/blue ballpoint pen along with the Admit Card inside the examination hall.
- In case, if candidates have made any changes in their name, then they should carry respective document proof for the same.
List of Photo IDs are allowed on IAS exam centres
- Aadhaar Card
- Voter ID
- Driving License
- PAN Card
Separate IAS Admit Cards for Orthopedically /Visually Impaired candidates
Orthopedically or Visually Challenged candidates, who have opted for scribe writer, may note that their own scribe will be allowed for the exam only with a separate e-Admit Card for such scribe. The e-Admit Cards for the own scribes will be issued separately.
Candidates belonging to Persons with Benchmark Disability (only blindness and low vision subcategory) should not attempt such questions in Paper II, where data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency, etc.,) is required. Questions numbers of such questions are highlighted in the Paper-II [e.g. if Question No.1 is highlighted question, it would look like 1.]. Marks of these questions will be distributed equally amongst the remaining questions for such candidates.
List of items are not allowed on IAS exam centres
At the IAS examination centres, certain items and electronic gadgets are not allowed. Candidates should ensure that they are not carrying the list of articles mentioned below on the examination day.
- Electonic items like a digital watch, Bluetooth device, earphone, mobile, health band, calculator, pager and pieces/bits of paper, pencil box etc. are not allowed inside the exam hall.
- Candidates should ensure that they have a clean hand, so that, they can pass the fingerprint test clearly.
IAS prelims 2020 Exam Day Instructions
Candidates would have put a lot of effort for the last one year or above to crack and clear the first phase of civil services exam - IAS Prelims stage. So candidates should ensure that their effort results in a positive way.
Candidates should ensure the below mentioned basic instructions on the exam day:
- Carry IAS admit card along with Valid ID proof.
- Candidates should reach the IAS exam centres 30-40 minutes earlier to the exam time to avoid the last-minute rush and tensions.
- Visually Challenged and orthopedically challenged candidates should enter the exam centres with valid admit cards. Also, need to carry separate admit cards for the scribe.
Important Links related to UPSC Civil Services Exam