UPPSC Syllabus for State Services Exam
Uttar Pradesh Service Commission (UPPSC) has released the official recruitment notification for Combined Joint Preliminary and Mains Examination 2017. Uttar Pradesh PSC invites online application form from students and well-defined personnel for engagement. Applicants who apply for the Uttar Pradesh Civil services (pcs), i.e. Pre-examination (objective) and primary exam (Written) will have new UPPSC Syllabus & Exam Pattern.
UPPSC Syllabus knowledge is very important for preparation. Often, lack of knowledge of syllabus is the main cause to face failure in Examination. Applicants may start their preparations with the help of UPPSC Exam Syllabus 2017 and score good marks.
For UPPSC Syllabus, one needs to know stay updated with UPPSC Exam Pattern. To get recruited through Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission, candidates need to clear the three most essential sections which are as follows:
- UPPSC Pre Exam
- UPPSC Main Exam
UPPSC Syllabus, therefore, can be broadly divided into two parts; UPPSC Prelims Syllabus for UPPSC Prelims Exam and UPPSC Mains Syllabus for UPPSC Mains Exam.
Phase I: UPPSC Syllabus for Preliminary Exam
The preliminary examination of UPPSC will comprise of objective type questions. UPPSC Prelims Prelims Exam will be qualifying in nature. The applicants will be given multiple choices for each question. Total marks assigned for each paper is 200. The duration of the examination will be two hours i.e. 120 minutes for each paper. This Examination is meant to serve as a screening test only and the marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination by the Candidates, who are declared qualified for admission to the Main Examination, will not be counted for determining their final order of merit.
UPPSC Exam Syllabus for Prelims:Paper 1- General Studies
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World geography - Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance - Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights issues etc.
- Economic and Social Development - Sustainable Development Poverty Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.General Issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity, and Climate Change- that do not require subject specialization.
- General Issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity, and Climate Change- that do not require subject specialization.General Science
- General Science
- Comprehension Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
- Decision-making and problem-solving.
- General mental ability.
- Elementary Mathematics up to Class X level- Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry, and Statistics.
- General English up to Class X level.
- General Hindi up to Class X level.
Phase II: UPPSC Syllabus for Mains Exam
UPPSC Main Examination will consist of a written test and an interview. The written test shall consist of question papers of descriptive type.
UPPSC Exam Syllabus for Mains:
There will be three sections in the question paper of Candidates will have to select one topic Essay. from each section and they are required to write an essay in 700 words on each topic. In the three sections, topics of the essay will be based on the following spheres:
Section A:(1) Literature and Culture. (2) Social sphere. (3) Political sphere.
Section B:(1) Science, Environment, and Technology. (2) Economic Sphere (3) Agriculture, Industry, and Trade.
Section C:(1) National and International Events. (2) Natural Calamities, Landslide, Earthquake, Deluge, Drought etc. (3) National Development programs and projects.
Paper 1- General Studies
- History of India-Ancient, Medieval, Modern
- Indian National Movement and Indian Culture.
- Population, Environment, and Urbanization in Indian Context
- World Geography, Geography of India and its natural resources.
- Current events of national and international importance.
- Indian Agriculture, Trade and Commerce.
- Specific knowledge of U.P. regarding education, culture, Agriculture, Trade Commerce, The methods of living and Social Customs.
History of India and Indian culture will cover the broad history of the country from about the middle of the nineteenth century and would also include questions on Gandhi, Tagore, and Nehru. The part on current events of national and international importance will include questions also on sports and games.Paper 2- General Studies
- Indian Polity,
- Indian Economy
- General Science (Role of Science and technology in the development of India including science in everyday life)
- General Mental ability.
- Statistical Analysis, Graphs, and Diagrams.
The part relating to the Indian polity will include questions on the political system in India and Indian constitution. The Indian economy will cover broad features of economic policy in India. The part relating to role and impact of science and technology in the development of India, questions will be asked to test the candidates' awareness in this field Emphasis will be on the applied aspects. The part relating to statistical analysis, graphs, and diagrams will include exercise to test the candidate's ability to draw common sense conclusions from information presented in statistical graphical or diagrammatical form and to point out deficiencies limitation or inconsistencies therein.
Paper III – General Studies
Economic planning in India, Issues of Poverty, Unemployment, Social justice and inclusive growth, Components of Government Budgets and Financial System, Issues related to direct and indirect farm subsidies, Food processing and related industries in India, Infrastructure: Energy, Ports, Roads, Airports, Railways, etc, Science and Technology-developments, Environmental security and Ecosystems, Role, kind and mandate of security forces, Higher defense organizations in India, Specific knowledge of Uttar Pradesh Economy.
Paper IV – General Studies
Ethics and Human Interface, Attitude, Aptitude and foundational values for Civil Service, Emotional Intelligence, Contributions of moral thinkers and philosophers from India and world, Public/Civil Service values and ethics in Public Administration, Probity in Governance, Case studies on above issues.
A candidate has to select one optional subject from the list of optional subjects. There will be two paper in an optional subject and each paper will consist of 200 marks.
|Agriculture||Animal Husbandry |
& Veterinary Science
|Psychology||Electrical Engineering||Public Administration|
|Defence Studies||Persian Lit.||Chemistry|
|Commerce & Accountancy||Statistics||Political Science & & International Relations|
|Zoology||Social Work||Mechanical Engineering|
|Economics||English Lit||Agricultural Engineering