UPPSC Exam Pattern 2020 for Upper / Lower Subordinate Services
UPPSC Exam Pattern 2020 - Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) conducts the UP PCS examination for the recruitment of the most deserving, eligible, and qualified candidates in the State Services and all the other administrative services of the Government of Uttar Pradesh. Aspirants who have applied for the recruitment exam and want to know about the UPPSC Exam Pattern can continue reading the page to get the complete details regarding the exam pattern.
UPPSC Exam Pattern 2020
Before appearing in the examination, candidates should have a clear idea about the exam pattern and the syllabus of the exam. To get recruited through Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission, candidates need to clear the three stages of the exam:
- UPPSC Prelims Exam
- UPPSC Main Exam
UPPSC Prelims Exam Pattern 2020
The Preliminary examination consists of two compulsory papers. The papers shall be of 200 marks each and of two hours duration. Both the papers shall be an objective and multiple choice in which there shall be 100 - 150 questions respectively.
|Paper||Duration of Exam||Max Marks|
|Paper 1||2 hrs||200 marks|
|Paper 2||2 hrs||200 marks|
- Paper-II of the Preliminary Examination will be a qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33%.
- It is mandatory for the Candidates to appear in both the papers of the Preliminary Examination for the purpose of evaluation. Therefore a candidate will be disqualified in case he does not appear in both in papers.
- The merit of the Candidates will be determined on the basis of marks obtained in Paper-I of the Preliminary Examination.
UPPSC Mains Exam Pattern For Combined State / Upper Subordinate Services Examination
The Written examination will consist of six compulsory papers and an optional subject. The candidates have to select any one subject from the list of optional subjects for the main examination. The optional subject will consist of two papers.
(A) COMPULSORY SUBJECTS
|1. General Hindi||150 marks|
|2. Essay||150 marks|
|3. General Studies Paper I||200 marks|
|4. General Studies Paper II||200 marks|
|5. General Studies Paper III||200 marks|
|6. General Studies Paper IV||200 marks|
- All the papers in the Mains Examination are of 3 hours duration and the exam will take place in two sessions, 1st Session from 9:30 am to 12: 30 pm and the 2nd session from 2:00 pm t0 5:00 pm.
- A candidate shall be required to obtain such minimum marks in the compulsory paper of General Hindi, as may be determined by the Government or the Commission, as the case may be. There shall be Two sections in both the question papers of the Optional subject and each section will include Four questions. Candidates are required to answer only Five questions while they must select minimum, Two question from each section.
(B) OPTIONAL SUBJECTS ARE AS BELOW
|Agriculture||Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science||Civil Engineering|
|Psychology||Electrical Engineering||Public Administration|
|Defence Studies||Persian Lit.||Chemistry|
|Commerce & Accountancy||Statistics||Political Science & & International Relations|
|Zoology||Social Work||Mechanical Engineering|
|Economics||English Lit||Agricultural Engineering|
The personality test is of 200 marks. The test will relate to the matter of general interest keeping the matter of academic interest in view and for general awareness, intelligence, character, expression power/personality and general suitability for the service is part of the UPPSC Exam Pattern.