UPPSC Exam Pattern for State Services Exam
Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) conducts various examination for the recruitment of the most deserving, eligible and qualified candidates in the State Services and all the other administrative services of the Government of Uttar Pradesh. Aspirants who have applied for recruitment exam and want to know about the UPPSC Exam Pattern can continue reading the page to get the complete details regarding the exam pattern.
UPPSC 2018 Recruitment Notification
Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) has released the notification for UP Combined state/upper subordinate services (PCS) for 2018. There are total 924 vacancies, the vacancies for the Combined State / Upper Subordinate Services Examination under General Recruitment are about 831 and for physically handicapped Backlog / Special Recruitment number of vacancy is 01 and for the Assistant Conservator of Forest / Range Forest Officer Services Examination the number of vacancies for the post of Assistant Conservator of Forest is 16 and for the post of Range Forest Officer the number of vacancies is 76. To get more information you can visit the official website of UPPSC.
UPPSC Exam Pattern
Before appearing in the examination, candidates should have a clear idea about the exam pattern and the syllabus of the exam. To get recruited through Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission, candidates need to clear the three stages of the exam:
- UPPSC Prelims Exam
- UPPSC Main Exam
UPPSC Exam Pattern for Prelims
The Preliminary examination consists of two compulsory papers. The papers shall be of 200 marks each and of two hours duration. Both the papers shall be an objective and multiple choice in which there shall be 100 - 150 questions respectively.
|Paper||Duration of Exam||Max Marks|
|Paper 1||2 hrs||200 marks|
|Paper 2||2 hrs||200 marks|
- Paper-II of the Preliminary Examination will be a qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33%.
- It is mandatory for the Candidates to appear in both the papers of Preliminary Examination for the purpose of evaluation. Therefore a candidate will be disqualified in case he does not appear in both in papers.
- The merit of the Candidates will be determined on the basis of marks obtained in Paper-I of the Preliminary Examination.
UPPSC Exam Pattern for Mains For Combined State / Upper Subordinate Services Examination
The Written examination will consist of six compulsory papers and an optional subject. The candidates have to select any one subjects from the list of optional subjects for the main examination. The optional subject will consist of two papers.
(A) COMPULSORY SUBJECTS
|1. General Hindi||150 marks|
|2. Essay||150 marks|
|3. General Studies Paper I||200 marks|
|4. General Studies Paper II||200 marks|
|5. General Studies Paper III||200 marks|
|6. General Studies Paper IV||200 marks|
- All the papers in the Mains Examination are of 3 hours duration and the exam will take place in two sessions, 1st Session from 9:30 am to 12: 30 pm and the 2nd session from 2:00 pm t0 5:00 pm.
- A candidate shall be required to obtain such minimum marks in the compulsory paper of General Hindi, as may be determined by the Government or the Commission, as the case may be. There shall be Two sections in both the question papers of the Optional subject and each section will include Four questions. Candidates are required to answer only Five questions while they must select minimum, Two question from each section.
(B) OPTIONAL SUBJECTS ARE AS BELOW
|Agriculture||Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science||Civil Engineering|
|Psychology||Electrical Engineering||Public Administration|
|Defence Studies||Persian Lit.||Chemistry|
|Commerce & Accountancy||Statistics||Political Science & & International Relations|
|Zoology||Social Work||Mechanical Engineering|
|Economics||English Lit||Agricultural Engineering|
The personality test is of 200 marks. The test will relate to the matter of general interest keeping the matter of academic interest in view and for general awareness, intelligence, character, expression power/personality and general suitability for the service is part of UPPSC Exam Pattern.