SBI PO Recruitment
A. Who is a Probationary Officer?
A probationary offcer is an entry level officer in a bank. All entry level employees are first hired as Probationary Officers and are typically put on probation for a period of two years, after which they take their role as an Assistant Manager in a bank.
Career as a probationary officer is a lucrative and bright one and scores of candidates aspire to take the PO exams and become officers with reputed banks every year.
B. Vacant positions available with SBI Bank: Probationary OfficerTotal No. of Vacancies: There are 2313 vacancies for the post of a Probationary officer, up for grabs in 2017.
The Category wise vacancy details are as follows:
- Scheduled Cast (SC): 347
- Scheduled Tribe (ST): 350
- Other Backward Classes (OBC): 606
- General Cast: 1010
- SC - 47 vacancies
- ST - 200 vacancies
- OBC - 66 vacancies
- Total Vacancies: 313
C. Eligibility Criteria to qualify for Recruitment as a PO with SBI:
In order to be eligible to apply for a job as a PO, a candidate must possess a graduation degree or an equivalent degree in any discipline from a recognised University/Institution or any other equivalent organisation that is recognised by the Central Govt.
Candidates, who are appearing for the final year or final semester of graduation, may apply on a provisional basis as well. This application however, shall be accepted only if a candidate is able to submit evidence of his or her passing the graduation examination with a pass certificate in case he or she is shortlisted for an interview, on or before 1st July, 2017.
As on 1st April, 2017, candidates applying should be between 21 to 30 years of age on 01st April 2017, i.e. candidates must have been born before 02nd April 1987 and not after 01st April 1996 (both days inclusive).
Age Relaxation: The following categories of candidates are allowed certain age relaxations as follows:
- OBC Category: 3 years
- SC/ST Category: 05 years
- PWD Category: 10 years
D. Important Dates for PO candidates:
|Online Registration including Edit/Modification of Application by Candidates||07th February|
|Last date of Registration||06th March 2017|
|Last Date of deposit application fee through online||6th March 2017.|
|Payment of Application Fees/Intimation Charges||07th February to 06th March 2017|
|Download of Call Letters for Pre-Exam Training||07th April 2017 onwards|
|Download of Call Letters for Online Preliminary Exam||15th April 2017 onwards|
|Online Exam - Preliminary||29th & 30th April and 06th & 07th May 2017|
|Result of Online Exam - Preliminary||17th May 2017|
|Download of Call Letter for Online Main Exam||22nd May 2017 onwards|
|Conduct of Online Examination - Main||04th June 2017|
|Declaration of Result Main||19th June 2017|
|Download Call Letter for Interview||26th June 2017|
|Conduct of Group Exercises & Interview||10th July 2017 onward|
|Declaration of Final Result||05th Aug 2017|
E. Remuneration:Currently, the initialmonthly basic pay is Rs.27620/- ( Twenty seven thousand six hundred and twenty). Employees are given advance increments and also several other allowances like House Rent Allowance, Dearness Allowance, Travel conveyance etc.
F. How to Apply for SBI PO:Candidates can register their applications online between 07th February 2017 to 06th March 2017.
- It is important to note that applications for recruitment as PO are accepted only online and not via any other methods.
- Candidates are required to register their candidature online through Bank's website sbi.co.in/careersor www.statebankofindia.com/careers
- Each candidate must fill out his or her details and submit the same online.
- It is advisable to take a hard copy print out of your application and e-receipt for easy future reference.
G. Guidelines for filling the online application form:
All applicants need to register their applications online on the official website of the bank at sbi.co.in/careers or statebankofindia.com/careers.
After the online registration for SBI PO Recruitment, aspirants are then required to pay up the required application fee, online itself, using Debit Card, Credit Card or Internet banking methods.Pre-requisites for Applying Online: All Candidatesmust possess a valid and active email address which should beaccessible till final results have been declared, All correspondence with the candidate will take place through email and hence having a valid and active email id is crucial.
- Candidates are required to log onto the bank s website and access the appropriate online application form which is available for the current openings.
- The application form must be filled out very carefully. Once you fill the form, check your details once more especially your personal details like name, age, sex , nationality, address, email id etc before you submit the form.
- The application fee payment can be made using a debit card, Credit card or internet banking by following the steps and filling in banking details. Transaction charges if any,for this online payment, will have to be borne by the candidates only.
- Once the payment is processed and the transaction is successfully completed, an e-receipt and application form will be generated which can then be downloaded and printed for recordkeeping. There is no requirement to send the print out of the e-receipt to the bank.
Guidelines for Scanning the Photograph & Signature:
A very important requirement to facilitate the online process of application is that all candidates must have a scanned copy of their passport size image and their signature as well. This must be done carefully as if this is not clear, a candidate may risk getting his or her application rejected. Below are the requirements for having a scanned image and signature.
Photograph: The Photograph should be recent, passport size , in colour and must be an accurate image representation of the candidates. In case a flash is used while photographing, it must be ensured that the image does not have a red-eye . Dimensions should be 200*230 pixels and the size of the file should be between 20kb-50kb.
Signature: A scanned copy of the candidates signature on white paper, written in black ink is required. The dimensions should be 140*60 pixels and the size of file should be between 10kb-20kb
H. Important Books for SBI PO Exam :There is a host of books available to candidates to prepare for the SBI PO Examination.
Some of these are mentioned below:
- A Comprehensive Guide For SBI Probationary Officer Recruitment Examination
- SBI PO Previous Years Solved Papers By Kiran Prakashan
- 101 Speed Test For SBI PO Exam By Disha Publication
- General Knowledge For SBI PO Exam By Disha Publication
I. SBI PO 2017 Selection ProcedureThe selection procedure for the post of PO is held in three stages. These are as follows:
- Stage 1 Preliminary Exam:This is the first, preliminary exam. Only candidates who successfully qualify in this exam are allowed to take the next exam which is the Main Examination.
- Stage 2 Main Exam:This is the next and the most important step to get selected as a Probationary Officer. Candidates must successfully pass this exam to get shortlisted for being called for an interview.
- Stage 3 Interview:This is the last step in the selection procedure. This interview is conducted to test the personality, communication skill of the candidates and how well the candidate is able to carry himself/herself.
The exams have been discussed in detail below:
Phase-I (Preliminary Exam)
The Preliminary exam is conducted online. It is an objective test for 100 marks and has a duration of 1 hour. It comprises three sections. These sections are as follows: 1. English Language - 30 questions for a total of 30 marks 2. Quantitative Aptitude - 35 questions for a total of 35 marks 3. Reasoning Ability - 35 questions for a total of 35 marks
From the ones who successfully pass phase 1 of this exam, the number of candidates that are shortlisted are nearly twenty times the number of available vacancies, thus making it a highly competitive exam.
Phase-II (Main Exam)
The Main exam consists of an objective test for 200 marks and a descriptive test of 50 marks. Both these tests are conducted online. Details of these tests are as follows:
- Objective Test: This test is held for a duration of 3 hours for a total of 200 marks. The total marks are split over four sections and each section has a separate prescribed timing within which the candidate must finish answering it. The sections and their allotted times are as follows
- Reasoning & Computer Aptitude: 45 questions; for a total of 60 marks to be finished in 60 minutes
- Data Analysis & Interpretation:35 questions for a total of 60 marks to be finished in 45 minutes
- General/Economy/ Banking Awareness: 40 questions; for a total of 40 marks to be finished in 35 minutes
- English Language: 35 questions for a total of 40 marks to be finished in 40 minutes
- Descriptive Test: The next test, is a descriptive test held for a duration of 30 minutes for a total of 50 marks and is a Test of English Language to test the Letter Writing and Essay writing skills
The last phase is the interview and group discussion, whereby final list of candidates is selected for SBI PO recruitment based on communication skills of the candidate.
J. Helpdesk :In case candidates face any issues, they can contact SBI at the details mentioned below:
Telephone No.: 022-22820427 (between 11.00 AM to 06.00 PM on working days) or email@example.com. Candidates mustmention Recruitment of Probationary' Officers in State Bank of India-2017 in the subject of the email for quick response and to avoid the email reaching the spam folder.