RRB JE Recruitment 2019 Notification
Every year the Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) invites application from new employees through recruitment exams. The official notification was released back in December 2018. According to the official notice released by RRB, there are more than 13000 vacancies. The job posts, as well as the required skill set from the candidates, are mentioned below.
As per the official notification, the exam forms for RRB JE recruitment were released on the official website on 2nd January 2019. The last date of submission for RRB 2019 entrance form is 31st January. Apart from this, the notification for when the exam is to be held has not been notified yet. However, the date for the CBT 1 exam April or May 2019. CBT 2 will probably be held at the same time.
The RRB entrance will recruit employees for the job spot of Junior Engineer posts and other posts such as the post of Depot Material Superintendent (DMS) and for the post of Chemical & Metallurgical Assistant (CMA) in the Indian Railways. However, it must be noted that only those candidates who obtain valid scores as per the RRB will be elected for the job posts.
RRB Junior Engineer (JE) Recruitment
As per the RRB notification, which was released by RRB in December 2019. There are more than 13000 vacancies. All candidates can apply for the job they are interested in by selecting the job post on the official website. Here are the details of the various vacancies in the Indian Railways:
- There are about 12844 job posts available for Junior Engineer,
- There are 29 job posts available for Junior Engineer (IT),
- There are 387 job posts available for Chemical and Metallurgical Assistant, and
- There are 227 job posts available for Depot Material Superintendent (DMS).
The total number of job posts available at the Indian Railways is 13,487 for the recruitment process which is to be undertaken in 2019.
|Category||Available Number of posts|
|Depot Material Superintendent (DMS).||227 job posts|
|Junior Engineer (IT)||29 job posts|
|Junior Engineer (IT)||12844 job posts|
|Chemical and Metallurgical Assistant||387 job posts|
Important dates of RRB Recruitment
The recruitment notification was released back in December 2019. However, all the details of the exam are available on the official website. Although there are speculations about the exams for tests and various other things, it is advised to wait for the official release of the same.
For the candidates to find recruitment in the Indian Railways, the candidate should make sure that they fill the form for 2019 RRB recruitment process in the stipulated time period. Here are all the details that an applicant needs to keep in mind:
- The notification was released in December 2019, which specified the number of vacancies in the Indian Railways.
- RRB released the forms on 2nd January 2019 at 10:00 AM.
- The last date for submitting the RRB form for recruitment is 31st January, 11:59 PM.
- The last date for the payment of application fees is 5th February 2019.
- The Admit cards will be available 10-15 days before the exam.
- CBT 1 is to be held at any date in April or May 2019 (tentative). CBT 2’s tentative date for the exam may be held between March and May 2019.
For a candidate to be eligible for the selection process held by RRB, the candidate must fill the form before the last date and pay the requisite amount of fees for the application. Apart from this, the candidate must save the details that are shown on the screen once the application has been submitted.
Important dates for RRB recruitment 2019:
|Notification released||2018 December|
|The release of forms 2019||2nd January 2019 from 10:00 AM onwards|
|Last date of submission of forms||11:59 PM 31st January 2019|
|Last date for submitting the application fee||5th 2019|
|The release of Admit Cards||10-15 prior to the exam|
|Exam dates||To be announced|
|Release of Results||To be announced|
|Further steps for recruitment||To be announced|
RRB Junior Engineer (JE) Eligibility
The RRB JE recruitment is done according to a strict set of eligibility criteria. Any interested candidate should make it a point to read through the various instructions on the official channel and make sure that they fall under the eligibility criteria. For a candidate to appear for the exam, the candidate needs to be eligible as per the RRB guidelines.
RRB’s railway recruitment is done according to the following information:
- The candidate must not be above the maximum age limit specified by RRB according to their respective category.
- The candidate should be an Indian Citizen. However, other nationals such as nationals from countries such as Pakistan, Tibet, Bangladesh, etc. can also participate in the exams. However, they have to make sure that they are eligible according to the RRB criteria.
- The minimum age for each category is 18 years.
- The candidates must possess a valid three-year degree or diploma from a recognized institute, college or university.
- Apart from this, the candidates should possess qualifications as per the requirements of RRB for the job they are applying to.
Here is a table to show the eligibility criteria of RRB as given out for the RRB JE recruitment 2019:
|The minimum age for applying||18 years, for all categories|
|The maximum age for applying||33 years for Unreserved categories, to find out more, read our article here (insert link to the page)|
|Qualifications required by the candidate||B.Tech three-year degree with minimum passing scores from a recognized institute, college or university. To have a detailed knowledge read our article here (insert link to the page)|
|Nationality||Should be Indian, there are other nationals who are allowed as well, to know more find our article here,(insert link to the page)|
RRB JE Forms, dates and fee details
The RRB JE recruitment is done through online means alone. The exams are conducted online and are computer-based. For a candidate to appear for the entrance exam in 2019, the candidate should make sure that they fill the applications on the correct time. Here is all that you need to know about the forms, dates, and fees:
- The exam form is available on the respective regional websites from 2nd January.
- The last date of submitting the exam for is on 31st January 2019.
- Apart from this, the fee for SC, ST, PWD and other reserved classes is Rs 250. The fee for general category the fee is Rs 500.
Apart from this, to have detailed knowledge and understanding of the RRB JE applications, where can you find them, the websites for various regions and how to fill them, then click here (insert link here).
List of Railway Recruitment Boards (RRBs)
There are about 20 RRBs in India. Click on this link (Application form) to have all the details.
RRB JE Exam Pattern
Although we have a detailed page on the same matter, which you can find here (insert link here), here is a brief understanding of the exam pattern:
- There are two types of computer-based exams for the RRB recruitment 2019:
- CBT 1
- CBT 2
- CBT 1 comprises of 100 questions for the candidate to answer in 90 minutes and two hours for PWD candidates.
- CBT 2 has 150 questions for the candidate to answer in 150 minutes.
- The exam has to be finished in the given time period.
- One mark is awarded for a correct answer and 1/3rd is deducted for a wrong one.
RRB JE Syllabus
As with the exam pattern, we have taken time out to create a detailed page for the RRB recruitment syllabus. However, to make things easier for you, here is a brief list of the things you will need to cover:
- Mathematics, which includes algebra, BODMAS, fractions, LCM and HCF, etc.
- General Intelligence and Reasoning which includes Jumbling, coding-decoding, etc.
- General Awareness, which includes GK and current affairs,
- General Science, which will include physics, chemistry, and biology.
Here is a brief list of subjects to be included for CBT-2:
- General Awareness, which includes GK and current affairs,
- Basics of Computers and Applications
- General Science, which will include physics, and chemistry
- Basics of Environment and Pollution Control
- And technical abilities, which have seven groups.
The candidate will have to make sure that they read through the topics that are mentioned in the official notification.
RRB Pay Scale
The Indian Railways is known to be one of the best spaces for a young engineering graduate to work in. The grade pay offered by the Indian railways for the RRB recruits is Rs 35,400/- per year, which will increase when the candidate is promoted. Other facilities offered by the Indian Railways may also be included during the time of the recruitment.
RRB JE Previous Year Question Papers
An interested candidate must make it a point to go through various previous year questions for their respective field of interest. Apart from this, a candidate must also visit the official website to find previous year questions for RRB recruitment or purchase a book for the same.
Previous year questions help a candidate to:
- Understand the pattern of the exam,
- Understand how to solve the paper,
- And help the candidate to tests themselves.
The section on important books to read has some helpful books that offer candidate access to previous year questions. (Question papers will be updated soon)
RRB JE Admit Card
Since the dates for the exams are not released yet, it is hard to say when the admit cards will be released. The admit cards are usually released ten to fifteen days before the exam. You should keep tabs on the official website to know more.
RRB JE Result
Once the railway recruitment exam is conducted, the results will be released on the official channel only. Furthermore, the RRB results are released according to the various regions the candidates applied for.
RRB JE Selection process
The RRB selection process is done according to the following steps:
- First, the candidates are shortlisted according to their RRB exam 2019.
- The selected candidates are called for document verification.
- Then they undergo a medical fitness test, more on this here (insert link).
- Then the last step is the personal interview
The candidates are selected according to the overall score of the exam, document verification, medical tests, and personal interview.
RRB JE Exam Paper Language
The RRB exam is held in various languages. This is done to make it easier for the students from different regions appearing for the exam. Here are some of the languages that the exam is held in:
- Tamil, etc.
The candidates should make a note of their registration number and keep checking the official website for more information. The candidates should keep a copy of the transaction ID, and other relevant details as well. Apart from this, it is wise to make sure that the communication details filled out by the candidate do not go out of service.