RRB JE Eligibility Criteria
RRB or the Railway Recruitment Board invites application form from various interested candidates who wish to be a part of the Indian Railways. As per the official notice and announcement, the forms for applying for various vacancies in the railways are already out on the official channel. The forms were released earlier this January, and the last date for submission of the form is the end of January 2019. The exam is held in different regions, and the results are released as per the regions.
There are two kinds of exams, CBT 1 and CBT 2, these exams are held for 90 minutes and 120 minutes respectively. The exams are taken in the English language, Urdu, Tamil, Hindi, and many other languages. Furthermore, the exam pattern awards one mark for each correct answer and deducts 1/3rd marks for each wrong answer; the candidates are advised to select their answers carefully.
At present, for 2019, there are about 13487 vacancies in total. Here is a break up of various kinds of job posts and the vacancies for the same:
- 12844 spots open for the post of Junior Engineer,
- 227 spots open for the post of Depot Material Superintendent,
- 29 spots open for the post of Junior Engineer (Information Technology),
- 387 spots open for the post of Chemical and Metallurgical Assistant.
Eligibility Criteria for the RRB-JE 2019 Exam
There are different kinds of limitations to each category. RRB has laid down an entire list of requirements for the candidates who wish to apply for the exam. Furthermore, if a candidate wishes to be selected for the RRB JE selection process, then the candidate must adhere to the RRB JE eligibility criteria laid down by the board.
The criteria specify the:
- Nationality to be eligible,
- Qualification details of the candidate,
- The physical health of the candidate, and
- The age limit for application for the exams.
RRJ JE Citizenship Criteria
For a candidate to fall under the RRB JE eligibility criteria, here is what they need to know about their depending on their nationality:
- Candidates who wish to be a part of the Indian Railway system should only be from:
- Bhutan or
- From Nepal.
- Tibetian migrants can also participate in the RRB JE selection process 2019, only if they comply with the following rules:
- Who are Tibetan migrants and have settled in India before January 01, 1962 are eligible to apply and be selected.
- Furthermore, candidates from the following countries who have settled down in India can also apply for the job:
- Sri Lanka,
- East African Countries,
- The United Republic of Tanzania,
- Kenya, and
For a candidate to be a part of the RRB JE selection process 2019, they should be of the correct nationality as per the criterion given by the board.
RRB JE Educational Qualification
Apart from the qualifications required by the applicants in various disciplines, they need to make sure that they apply to the correct job posts according to their degrees. Before we jump into the qualifications required, here is an important point to remember:
- Students in their final year of completion of their degree or diploma cannot apply for the job posts or for the recruitment procedure.
Here is a list of qualifications required by the candidates for various disciplines:
Qualifications Required for a Junior Engineer (JE)
For a candidate or an applicant to be eligible for the RRB JE selection process 2019 for the post of a junior engineer, the qualifications that are required are listed below:
- The candidate should have a three-year diploma or degree in the field of Civil Engineering or B.Sc in Civil Engineering. Or should possess a degree or diploma which has a combination of Civil Engineering from a Recognized University or Institute as sub-subjects.
- Or the candidate should possess a degree in other relevant fields as specified on the official website, which includes degree or diploma in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, electronics engineering, tools and die, automobile, etc.
Qualifications Required for a Depot Material Superindent (DMS)
Here are the qualification requirements for a person to be eligible for the spot of Depot Material Superindent through RRB recruitment process:
- Should possess a diploma or a degree in any discipline for engineering from any kind of recognized institute or college or university.
Qualifications Required for a Junior Engineer (IT)
Here are the qualifications required by a candidate for applying for the post of Junior Engineer (IT) in the RRB recruitment process:
- The said candidate should possess a three-year degree or diploma for a recognized institute or college or university with at least “Level B” course of three years for the following:
- B.Tech(CS) or
- B.Tech(IT) or
- PGDCA or
- B.Sc (Computer Science) or
- BCA or
- DOEACC ‘B’ level course of three years duration or equivalent
Qualifications Required for a Chemical and Metallurgical Assistant
Here is what a candidate applying for the job post of Chemical and Metallurgical Assistant should possess as a qualification:
- The candidate must have attained at least 45% for B.Sc (Bachelors degree in Science) with Physics & Chemistry.
Make sure that you find out all the details about qualifications and the details of approved or recognized universities, colleges, and institutes before you apply for the RBB recruitment in 2019.
Age limit for RBB Recruitment Process
RRB has strict eligibility criteria for the applicants. All applicants are required to posses fall under the criterion given by the RRB in order to find a place in the Indian Railways. The RRB has also spelled out the maximum age limit and the minimum age limit for the applicants.
- Maximum Age as per RRB for being eligible for the recruitment process: 33 years
- Minimum Age as per RRB for being eligible for the recruitment process: 18 years
Here is a table to show the same:
RRB has set the minimum age limit for applicants from any category as 18 years. Here is a list of maximum age limit for various categories, with relaxations:
- General: maximum age limit is 33 years,
- OBC: maximum age limit is 36 years (relaxation of 3 years)
- SC and ST: maximum age limit is 38 years (relaxation of 5 years)
- For Ex-Servicemen: Up to the age they served the country, an additional 3 years if they served for 6 more months after attestation.
- For people with disabilities:
- Unreserved Persons with Disabilities (PWD): 43 years (10 years of relaxation)
- OBC PWD: 46 years (13 years of relaxation)
- SC and ST: 48 years (15 years of relaxation)
Here is a table to show the same:
Minimum Age (for any category)
36 years (relaxation of 3 years)
SC and ST
38 years (relaxation of 5 years)
Up to the age they served the country, an additional 3 years if they served for 6 more months after attestation.
For people with disabilities:
○ Unreserved Persons with Disabilities (PWD)
○ OBC PWD
○ SC and ST
○ 43 years (10 years of relaxation)
○ 46 years (13 years of relaxation)
○ 48 years (15 years of relaxation)
For a candidate to be hired or be a part of the recruitment process, it is essential for them to be fall under the specified age limits.
Medical Standard for the RRB JE Selection
To qualify for the RRB JE selection process, the candidates also need to fulfil the medical fitness criteria. RRB has spelt out various physical requirements for the candidates to be eligible for the job they apply for in the Indian Railways. Here is what you need to know about such requirements:
- A3 Physical Fitness: Such a candidate should pass the tests for binocular vision, colour vision, and field of vision. Furthermore, should possess distance Vision-6/9, 6/9 with or without glasses, the power of the lens should not exceed the power prescribed by RBB. additionally, the candidate should also have near vision-0.6, 0.6 with or without glasses.
- B1 Physical Fitness: The candidate should possess 6/9, 6/12 and 0.6, 0.6 for distant vision (with or without glasses and near vision (with or without glasses), respectively. Furthermore, the candidate should pass the tests for binocular vision, colour vision, and field of vision.
- B2 Physical Fitness: The candidate should possess 6/9, 6/12 and 0.6, 0.6 for distant vision (with or without glasses and near vision (with or without glasses), respectively. Additionally, the candidate should pass the tests for binocular vision.
- C1 Physical Fitness: The candidate should possess 6/9, 6/12 and 0.6, 0.6 for distant vision (with or without glasses and near vision (with or without glasses), respectively.
It must be known that various kinds of grades in the physical fitness test are associated with different job posts. Make sure that your fitness test or your scores on the fitness test match for the job that you are interested in. For more information, you can log on to the official website.
Make sure that when you apply for the RBB recruitment forms, you have full knowledge of the eligibility criteria. Understand every aspect of the eligibility criteria spelt out by RBB; this will help you to have a clear understanding of your standing with the eligibility for recruitment by RBB.
Furthermore, you should pay attention to your physical fitness as well. Once candidates are selected on the basis of the scores, they will be invited for the verification process and the medical tests. For you to find a spot in RBB, you need to pass the medical tests as well. Pay attention to the lens specifications mentioned by RBB for A3, B1, and B2 fitness tests. Understand what you can do and what you cannot to find easy recruitment in the Indian Railways.