RPSC Syllabus 2020 for RAS Exam
The RPSC RAS Exam is conducted in three successive stages:
1. Preliminary Examination (Objective)
2. Mains Examination (Subjective)
3. Personal Interview (Verbal)
RPSC RAS Syllabus, therefore, can be broadly divided into two parts; RPSC Prelims Syllabus for RAS Prelims Exam and RPSC Mains Syllabus for RAS Mains Exam.
Phase I: RPSC Syllabus for RAS Prelims Exam
The paper comprises of 150 questions and has negative marking. 1/3rd mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
RAS Exam Pattern 2020 for Prelims
|1||General Knowledge and General Science||200||180 minutes|
- The paper consists of objective type MCQ questions.
- There is a negative marking of 1/3 for each wrong answer.
- The exam duration will be 180 minutes and the total marks are 200.
RAS Prelims Syllabus 2020
The detailed syllabus for RAS Prelims is given below:
RAS Prelims Syllabus for History of Rajasthan
- Leading Personalities of Rajasthan
- Important Tourist Places of Rajasthan
- Rajasthani Culture and its tradition and Heritage
- Religious Movements
- Saints and Lokdevtas of Rajasthan
- Local Festivals
- Folk Music and Folk Dance
- Freedom Movement
- Political Awakening and Integration
- Arts Paintings and Handicrafts
RPSC Prelims Syllabus for Indian History – Ancient
- Salient Feature and Major Landmarks of Ancient and Medieval India
- Literature and Architecture
- Major Dynasties
- Their Administrative System
- Socio-Economic Conditions
- Prominent Movements
RAS Prelims Syllabus for Indian History – Modern Period
- Modern Indian History from the 18 Century to present
- The freedom struggle and Indian National Movement- its various stage an important contributor and contributions from different parts of the country
- Social and religious reform movements in the XIX and XX century
RAS Prelims Syllabus for World Geography
- Broad Physical Feature
- Environmental and Ecological Issues
- Wildlife and Bio-Diversity
- International Waterways
- Major Industrial Regions
RAS Prelims Syllabus for Indian Geography
- Broad Physical Feature and Major Physiography Division
- Agriculture and Agro-based activities
- Minerals- Iron
- Oil and Gas
- Atomic Minerals
- Major Industries and Industries Development
- Major Transportations corridors
- Natural Resources
- Environmental Problems and Ecological Issues
RAS Prelims Syllabus for Indian Constitution
- A government of India Acts: 1919 and 1935
- Constituent Assembly
- Nature Of Indian Constitution:- Preamble
- Fundamental Rights
- Directive Principles of State
- Fundamental Duties
- Federal Structure
- Constitution Amendment
- Emergency Provisions
- Public Interests Litigation (PIL) and Judicial Review
RAS Prelims Syllabus for Indian Polity
- Nature of Indian State
- Democracy in India
- Recognition of State
- Coalition Governments
- Political Parties and National Integration
- Union and State executive and State Legislative
- Supreme Court
- Election Commission etc… Public Policy and rights
- Political and Administrative System of Rajasthan
RAS Prelims Syllabus for Economy
- Basic Knowledge of Budgeting
- Public Finance
- National Income
- Growth and Development
- Public Distribution System
- Accounting- Concept
- Tools and Uses in Administration
- Fiscal and Monetary Policies
- 5 year Economy planning another
RAS Prelims Syllabus for Science and Technology
- Basics of Science Every day
- Information and Communication Technology
- Space Technology including Satellites
- Defense Technology
- Human body
- Food and Nutrition
- Environmental and Ecological Changes and their Impacts
RAS Prelims Syllabus for Reasoning and Mental Ability and Logical Reasoning
- Statement and Assumptions
- Statement and Argument
- Statements and Conclusion
- Courses of Action
- Analytical Reasoning
Phase II: RPSC Syllabus for RAS Mains Exam
RAS Exam Pattern 2020 for Mains
|I||General Studies-I||3 Hours||200|
|II||General Studies-II||3 Hours||200|
|III||General Studies-III||3 Hours||200|
|IV||General Hindi and General English||3 Hours||200|
- The RAS Mains Exam will be descriptive type
- There will be 4 Papers in the exam and the total marks for each paper are 200 marks.
- The time duration for each paper is 3 Hours.
RAS Mains Syllabus 2020
Get the detailed information about the RAS Mains Syllabus below:
RAS Mains Syllabus for Paper – I – General Knowledge and General Studies
- Unit-I: History
- Part A – Art, History, Culture, Literature, Tradition, and Heritage of Rajasthan.
- For Part B – Indian History & Culture.
- Part C – History of Modern World (Up to 1950 AD).
- Unit-II: Economics
- Part A – Indian Economy.
- For Part B – World Economy.
- Part C – Economy of Rajasthan.
- Unit-III: Sociology, Management, Accounting & Auditing
- Part A – Sociology.
- For Part B – Management.
- Part C – Accounting & Auditing.
RPSC Mains Syllabus for Paper – II – General Knowledge and General Studies
- Unit-I: Administrative Ethics
- Ethics and Human Values
- Ethical concept-Rit and Rin, the concept of Duties
- Ethics of Bhagavad Geeta and its role in Administration.
- Gandhian Ethics etc.
- Unit-II: General Science & Technology
- Nuclear technology
- States of Matter
- Allotropes of carbon etc.
- Unit-III: Earth Science (Geography & Geology)
- Part A – World.
- For Part B – India.
- Part C – Rajasthan.
RAS Mains Syllabus for Paper – III – General Knowledge and General Studies
- Unit-I: Indian Political System, World Politics and Current Affairs
- Indian Constitution
- Ideological Contents
- Political Dynamics
- State Politics of Rajasthan
- Foreign Policy of India
- Current Affairs etc.
- Unit-II: Concepts, Issues, and Dynamics of Public Administration and Management
- Administration and management
- Concepts of power, authority, legitimacy, responsibility, and delegation.
- Principles of organization
- Functions of management, Corporate governance, and social responsibility
- Administrative setup, administrative culture in Rajasthan etc.
- Unit-III: Sports and Yoga, Behavior and Law
- Part A – Sports Policies of India, Rajasthan State Sports Council, National Awards of Sports etc.
- For Part B – Intelligence, Personality, Learning, and Motivation, Meeting Life Challenges
- Part C – Concepts of Law, Contemporary Legal issues, Crimes against Women and Children, Important Land Laws in Rajasthan etc.
RAS Mains Syllabus for Paper – IV – General Hindi and General English
- Part A: Grammar & Usage
- Correction of Sentences
- Tenses & Sequence of Tenses
- Voice- Active & Passive
- Narration- Direct & Indirect etc.
- Part B: Comprehension, Translation & Precis Writing
- Comprehension of an Unseen Passage
- Translation of five sentences from Hindi to English
- Precis Writing (a short passage of approximately 150-200 words)
- Part C: Composition & Letter Writing
- Paragraph Writing
- Elaboration of a given theme
- Letter Writing or Report Writing
RAS Preparation Tips
The RAS exam is an opportunity for candidates to get recruited as a civil servant and gradually they can be promoted to the designation that is equivalent to IAS. So, it is recommended that candidates should not skip the important exam patterns and RAS Exam syllabus details as these details are the initial milestone that would map your overall study plan. All these details not just help the candidate to prepare for the exam but it enable in finishing their exam fear, thereby boosting their confidence. Essentially what they will require is the presence as well as perfect peace of mind which is achieved only when you have a plan to work on. Once you prepare the study plan according to the RPSC syllabus and the pattern, you will surely end your stress and exhaustion.
Few tips that can help you to cover your RPSC syllabus on time:
- You can measure your comfort level for any section of the RAS Exam syllabus and you can divide your time for attempting the paper accordingly.
- Once you have the sense of your RAS Exam syllabus, you will be required to have the excellent study material so that you can give utmost importance to the exam preparation.
- The diagnose practice test will easily manage your daunting exam preparation as you will be able to timeline and outline your study plan.
- Your right mood and better subject knowledge can lead you to success as you can give preference to topics which you best understand.