Punjab Public Service Commission - Exam Pattern And Syllabus 2020
PPSC Exam Pattern and Syllabus 2020 - Punjab Public Service Commission conducts various examinations for the recruitment of the most deserving, eligible and qualified candidates for State Services and for other administrative services of the Government of Punjab. Those aspirants who have applied for the recruitment exam and want to know the PPSC Exam Pattern can continue reading the page to get the complete details regarding the exam pattern and its syllabus.
PPSC Exam Pattern and Syllabus 2020
Before appearing in the examination, candidates should have a clear idea about the exam pattern and the syllabus of the exam. To get recruited through Punjab Public Service Commission, candidates need to clear the three stages of the exam:
- PPSC Preliminary Exam
- PPSC Main Exam
PPSC Preliminary Exam Pattern
The preliminary examination will consist of two papers of objective type (multiple choice questions). This Examination is meant to serve as a screening test only. On the basis of marks obtained in this examination, candidates are declared qualified for Main Examination.
|S.No||Papers||Name of the Subjects||Questions||Marks for each
|1.||Paper –I||General Studies||100||2||200|
|2.||Paper –II||Civil Services Aptitude Test(CSAT)||80||2.5||200|
PPSC Mains Exam Pattern
|Papers||Subject Name||Maximum Marks|
|Paper I||General English||100 marks|
|Paper II||General Punjabi (to be answered only in Gurumukhi Script)||100 marks|
|Paper III||General Essay (to be answered either in English/ Gurumukhi Script)||100 marks|
|Paper IV||General Studies Paper 1||100 marks|
|Paper V||General Studies Paper 2||100 marks|
|Paper VI||Optional Subject 1 – Paper 1||100 marks|
|Paper VII||Optional Subject 1 – Paper 2||100 marks|
|Paper VIII||Optional Subject 2, Paper 1||100 marks|
|Paper IX||Optional Subject 2, Paper 2||100 marks|
Only Candidates who have qualified the written examination and fulfill the eligibility criteria will be called for an interview. The interview will contain 150 as maximum marks. The marks obtained in the interview together with the marks obtained in the written exam will be considered for the final merit list.
Note: No candidate shall be eligible to appear in the interview unless he/she obtains 45% marks in the aggregate of all the papers (read 40 % for the candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes) including at least 25% marks in each paper.
For General Studies paper
- General and a basic understanding of science concepts
- Indian history
- Geography of India and the world.
- Environmental studies.
- Indian polity and administration.
- Governance and bureaucracy.
- Economics and financial studies.
- Sports and IT field.
For CSAT paper
- General and logical reasoning.
- Data interpretation.
- Data analysis.
- Numerical problems.
- Statistics and related problems.
- Problems on heights and measurements, etc
Mains Exam Syllabus
Paper 1: General English language
- Vocabulary and grammar
- Verbs, idioms, and tenses
- Phrase corrections
- Sentence completion
- Paragraph writing
- Precise writing
Paper 2: General Punjabi language
- Essay writing
- Letter writing
- Grammatical concepts
- Language quotes and explanations
- Descriptive writing
- Paragraph and precise writing
Paper 3: General Essay
Candidates will be asked to write essays on selected topics. They will be offered choices for topics. Candidates have to write essays by maintaining the word limit specified.
Paper 4: General Aptitude 1
- History and geographical studies.
- Language and culture of India.
- A detailed study of the state of Punjab
- Constitution and law-making
- Governance and international relations.
Paper 5: General Aptitude 2
- Studies on the environment
- Science and technology
- Case studies and problem-solving techniques
- Graphs and related problems
- Candidates will be presented questions on various topics related to their level of understanding
- Personality test and test to assess one’s suitability and understanding for higher managerial roles.