Punjab Public Service Commission - Exam Pattern And Syllabus
Punjab Public Service Commission conducts various examination for the recruitment of the most deserving, eligible and qualified candidates for State Services and for other administrative services of the Government of Punjab. Those aspirants who have applied for the recruitment exam and want to know the PPSC Exam Pattern can continue reading the page to get the complete details regarding the exam pattern and its syllabus.
PPSC Exam Pattern and Syllabus
Before appearing in the examination, candidates should have a clear idea about the exam pattern and the syllabus of the exam. To get recruited through Punjab Public Service Commission, candidates need to clear the three stages of the exam:
- PPSC Preliminary Exam
- PPSC Main Exam
PPSC Preliminary Exam Pattern
The preliminary examination will consist of two papers of objective type (multiple choice questions). This Examination is meant to serve as a screening test only. On the basis of marks obtained in this examination, candidates are declared qualified for Main Examination.
|Subject||No Of Questions||Marks Of Each Questions||Total Marks|
|Paper I||General Studies||100||2||200|
|Paper II||Civil Service Aptitude Test (CSAT)||80||2.5||200|
- Both the papers will be of objective type multiple choice questions.
- Duration of each paper for preliminary examination will be two hours.
- There will be no negative marking in the written preliminary examination test.
- The question paper shall be bilingual and shall be printed in English (Roman script) and Punjabi (Gurumukhi script) except for questions where candidates proficiency in a language is to be tested.
Only those candidates who are declared by the Commission to have qualified in the preliminary examination will be eligible for admission to the Main Examination.
Download the Syllabus for PPSC Preliminary Exam Pattern
PPSC Mains Exam Pattern
- Main Examination will consist of a written examination. The Written examination will consist of seven papers of conventional essay type questions.
- All papers shall be descriptive in nature and duration of each paper will be three hours.
- The main competitive examination shall include seven compulsory papers.
- Candidates will have the option to attempt all the papers, except the language papers in the Punjabi or English medium.
- Candidates exercising the option to answer Papers in the Punjabi language may, if they so desire, give English version within brackets of only the description of the technical terms, if any, in addition to the version in the Punjabi language.
- The question papers other than language papers will be set in English. However, when any candidate opts for attempting any paper(s) in Punjabi medium, the question papers shall be printed in Punjabi accordingly.
|Sl No||Paper||Maximum Marks|
|1||Punjabi (in Gurumukhi Script) Compulsory (of 10+2Standard)||100|
|2||English Compulsory (of 10+2 standard)||100|
|3||Essay (Three Essays of 50 marks each)||150|
|4||General Studies Paper-I (History, Geography andSociety)||250|
|5||General Studies Paper-II (Indian Constitution &Polity, Governance and International Relations)||250|
|6||General Studies Paper-III (Economy, Statistics andSecurity issues)||250|
|7||General Studies Paper-IV (Science & Technology,Environment, Problem Solving and DecisionMaking)||250|
Download the Syllabus for PPSC Mains Exam
Only Candidates who have qualified the written examination and fulfil the eligibility criteria will be called for interview. The interview will contain 150 as maximum marks. The marks obtained in the interview together with the marks obtained in the written exam will be considered for final merit list.
Note: No candidate shall be eligible to appear in the interview unless he/she obtains 45% marks in the aggregate of all the papers (read 40 % for the candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes) including at least 25% marks in each paper.
Notification Of PSCSCCE - 2018