Public Administration Answer Writing Practice 2018 - Week 10 - Question 5
90 Days Public Administration Answer Writing Practice Question 1 for 18-Jan-2019
Instructions for Writing Answer
1. Write your answers in the comment section.
2. Experts will provide their feedback in reply.
3. Model Answers will be uploaded on this page the next day.
4. Rectify your mistakes and progress further.
5. All the Best.
18-Jan-2019 - Question 1
Do you think that the role of Panchayati Raj should go beyond developement adminstration? Give reasons for your answer. (2014)
For Question 2- Click Here
Introduction - Panchayati Raj and its role
Main Body- Why Panchayati raj go beyond development administration and why not
Some few points for references
Panchayati Raj institutions are the implementation body of socio-economic development schemes at the rural level. They are responsible for the development of rural areas. Development administration refers to those administrative activities which are directly involved in the accomplishment of development and progress. With the changing world, the role of the Panchayati Raj should go beyond the development administration to address the issues of the rural areas.
Panchayati Raj institution should go beyond development administration:-
- Panchayati Raj Institution becomes an independent organization at village level and they should also focus on non-development activities. Like tax collection, administration of justice, providing safety and security,
- Bureaucracy is not effective in the implementation of socio-economic development schemes. More involvement of Panchayati Raj institution in the identification of beneficiary and implementation of the scheme will reduce the dependence on bureaucracy.
- The demand for new localism and consideration of ecological factors.
Panchayati Raj institution should not go beyond development administration:-
- Panchayati Raj Institution may not be competent enough in terms of the fund, functionaries, and expertise to involves in various fields.
- Panchayati Raj Institution suffers from various problems like nepotism, caste dominance and lack of women empowerment.
- Autonomous institutions are involved in non-development activities like law and order is the responsibility of law and order administration, a separate organization for revenue collection and indecent judiciary for delivery of justice.
Panchayati Raj Institution can go beyond development administration. For effective functioning of the Panchayati Raj institution, it is required that the more autonomy is provided to the Panchayati Raj institution.