Public Administration Answer Writing Practice 2018 - Week 10 - Question 4
90 Days Public Administration Answer Writing Practice Question 2 for 16-Jan-2019
Instructions for Writing Answer
1. Write your answers in the comment section.
2. Experts will provide their feedback in reply.
3. Model Answers will be uploaded on this page the next day.
4. Rectify your mistakes and progress further.
5. All the Best.
16-Jan-2019 - Question 2
“The goals of good governance will remain utopian if local governments, responsible for providing all basic services directly to the citizens, are not empowered as mandated by the 73 rd and 74 th Constitutional Amendment Acts.” Critically evaluate the status of empowerment of the local bodies. (2016)
For Question 1- Click Here
Introduction- Few lines regarding the 73rd and 74th constitutional Amendment act. The role of local self-government institution in good governance.
Body - Addressing the needs of the question:- evaluation of the empowerment of the local bodies.
Conclusion - the way forward
Some few points for references
In Good governance along with establishing institution, they need to be endowed with power, authority to function independently and bring accountability. 73rd and 74th Constitutional amendment act created a democratic decentralized institution with constitutional status.
Problem associated with the empowerment of local bodies are:-
- Constitution of Gram Sabha
- The large size of the Gram Sabha
- Lack of women participation in Gram Sabha
- Proxy rule by the male member of the family and forwards caste
- Functionaries and centralized bureaucracy
In conclusion mention about devolution index and mention example of the Bihar and Uttar Pradesh. And give some recommendation to improve the status and functioning of the local self-government institution.