Philosophy Answer Writing Practice - Week 8 - Question 6
90 Days Philosophy Answer Writing Practice Question 2 for 26-Jan-2018
Instructions for Writing Answer1. Write your answers in the comment section.
2. Experts will provide their feedback in reply.
3. Model Answers will be uploaded on this page next day.
4. Rectify your mistakes and progress further.
5. All the Best.
26-Jan-2018 - Question 2
Examine the Nyaya arguments in favor of the existence of God. (2015/20)Model Answer
Nyaya believes in one eternal, omnipotent and omniscient God. God is the efficient cause, creator, sustainer and the destroyer. He is the moral governor full of sadashvarya . He is beyond bondage, birth and death and is the lord of karmas.
They gave certain proofs for the existence of God:
- Causal argument: A pot cant come on its own then how can this world come on its own .
- Adrasta: There must be a being who distributes the fruits of the actions
- Authority of the scriptures: Conditional humans cant be the authors of the Vedas. Divine God is .
- Testimony of Shruti: Vedas are revealed and God existences is talked about.
- Dynamism to atoms: He is the efficient cause
- World support: He is the support of the world.
- Word Meaning: He is the power who gives meaning to the words.
Critical comments: For creation, the God is dependent on the material cause, so he must be both material and efficient cause. Secondly, you say that eternal consciousness is the inseparable attribute of God but according to your consciousness comes in Bondage. This is Contradictory.