NEET 2019 Counselling - All India and State Level for NEET UG Counselling

NEET 2019 counselling session for the 15 per cent All India Quota (AIQ) will be done by the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) in mid-June, 2019. This year, the NEET 2019 counselling will be done online after the candidates have registered with the DGHS when the counselling process starts. As for the rest of the 85 per cent of seats, the general quota will have state-level counselling which will be organized by the state authorities once candidates have registered for the counselling round and have filled in their college preferences.

For the 15 per cent AIQ, there will be Wards of Insured person seats reserved in Employees’ State Insurance Corporation, and there will be seats for the Central and Deemed colleges, and Armed Forces Medical College, Pune. The remaining 85 per cent of candidates have access to every private and government medical college.

About NEET Exam

The NEET entrance exam is conducted by the NTA for candidates interested in pursuing a career in medicine or dental sciences. The exam is conducted annually for candidates to get into public and private colleges for undergraduate or postgraduate courses in medical and dental sciences. The exam is worth 720 marks and tests candidates on class XI and XII Physics, Chemistry and Biology. As many as 15 lakh candidates give this exam of which approximately 90,000 are selected.

Once the results are out, a counselling round is held where the selected candidate can choose from the list of colleges to apply to, depending on their score. 

NEET 2019 Counselling Schedule

There are a total of two rounds of counselling which is then followed by mop-up round. Following is the tentative schedule for the NEET counselling 2019:

Events

Dates

ROUND 1 - AIQ / Deemed Universities / Central Universities / ESIC colleges

Tentative Seat Matrix Displayed

June 2019 - Second Week

Registration and Preference Filling

June 2019 -  Second Week

Registration and Preference Filling ends

June 2019 - Third Week

Allotment of colleges

June 2019 - Fourth Week

Reporting/Visiting allotted colleges

July 2019 - First Week

ROUND 2 - AIQ / Deemed Universities / Central Universities / ESIC colleges

Tentative Seat Matrix Displayed

July 2019 - First Week

Registration and Preference Filling

July 2019 - First Week

Registration and Preference Filling ends

July 2019 - Second Week

Allotment of colleges

July 2019 - Second Week

Reporting/Visiting allotted colleges

July 2019 - Third Week

Vacant seats being transferred to states

July 2019 - Fourth Week

Mop-Up -  Deemed Universities / Central Universities / ESIC colleges

Tentative Seat Matrix Displayed

August 2019 - Second Week

Registration and Preference Filling

August 2019 - Second Week

Registration and Preference Filling ends

August 2019 - Third Week

Allotment of colleges

August 2019 - Third Week

Reporting/Visiting allotted colleges

August 2019 - Fourth Week

Vacant seats being transferred to states

August 2019 - Fourth Week

NEET 2019 Counselling Eligibility Criteria

In order to get selected for the NEET counselling round, candidates need to clear the NEET 2019 exam by achieving the minimum required score/percentile.

  • Candidates from J&K won’t be considered eligible to take part in the counselling round for the seats allocated to the 15 per cent AIQ.
  • Candidates won’t be considered eligible for the Counselling round if they haven’t registered online.
  • In order to have a seat allotted to the candidates, they will have to fill in their preferences of colleges in the counselling process.

The table below will give the candidates a clear idea of the eligibility criteria to qualify for the counselling round-

Category

Minimum Required Percentile for Qualifying

Unreserved Category

50th Percentile

Unreserved Physically Handicapped Category

45th Percentile

Scheduled Tribe Category

40th Percentile

Scheduled Caste Category

40th Percentile

Other Backward Classes Category

40th Percentile

Scheduled Tribe Physically Handicapped Category

40th Percentile

Scheduled Caste Physically Handicapped Category

40th Percentile

Other Backward Classes Physically Handicapped Category

40th Percentile

NEET 2019 Counselling Procedure

In order to be qualified for the counselling rounds for NEET 2019, candidates will have to register themselves for the counselling round after the results are declared. Candidates can only apply for the counselling rounds if they fulfil the eligibility criteria and have the minimum required score. The following steps describe the registration process on the Medical Counselling Committee's (MCC) official website -

  • Go to the official website of the Medical Counselling Committee, i.e. https://www.mcc.nic.in/
  • Click on the UG Medical Counselling option to be directed to a page which has details about the UG counselling. On the left corner, find the 'New Registration' option and click on it. 
  • The candidate will have to fill on all their personal information on the New Registration page. 
  • The candidate will be given their unique roll number and password which will be their login credentials.
  • Using these new credentials, the candidate can go to the MCC site and select the 'Candidate Login' option and log in.
  • Once the candidate has logged in, they will be asked to fill in some necessary information and personal details and click on Submit on completion.
  • Once the candidate has filled in all the information, they can do a quick preview of the details and hit the Confirm Registration option. 
  • The candidate will get a Registration Slip that they will need to take a print out of.

            Details of the fee payment and fee structure for the Counselling

            Once the candidates are done with the registration for the counselling round for NEET, the candidates will have to pay the counselling fees, some of which are refundable and some of which are non-refundable. The candidates can pay these fees by Credit card, Debit card, Net Banking or any of the available online mode of payment. The following table will help the candidates understand the fees payable -

            Non-Refundable - Registration Fees

            Central Universities/15% All India Quota

            Fee

            Unreserved Category

            1,000

            Scheduled Caste

            500

            Scheduled Tribes

            500

            Other Backward Class

            500

            Person with Disabilities

            500

            Deemed Universities

            All Categories

            5000

            Refundable - Tuition Fees

            Central Universities/15% All India Quota

            Fee

            Unreserved Category

            10,000

            Scheduled Caste

            5,000

            Scheduled Tribes

            5,000

            Other Backward Class

            5,000

            Person with Disabilities

            5,000

            Deemed Universities

            All Categories

            2,00,000

            Documents Required for NEET 2019 Counselling

            Once the candidates complete the registering online, paying the fee and choosing their preferred college, they are just one step away from the counselling round. The candidates will have to take the following documents along for the counselling rounds:

            • Admit Card of NEET Exam
            • NEET Result or Rank Letter
            • Registration Slip
            • Birth Certificate
            • Grade 10th Certificate
            • Grade 12th Certificate
            • Grade 12th Marksheet
            • Passport Sized Photos - Eight copies
            • Provisional Allotment letter
            • Identity Proof -  eg. Aadhar Card, Pan Card, Voter ID
            • Category Certificate - Caste Certificate or Physically Disabled Certificated

            NEET 2019 Counselling Seat Allotment

            The main purpose of the counselling rounds is to allocate seats to the candidates in the colleges that best suit them. At the end of the counselling round, the seats will be allocated to the candidates, and the final seat allotment results will be declared.

            • The seat allotment is in the form of a list and a letter. The candidate will receive an email, or an SMS about the allotment of college and course or they can simply check if their name is in the seat allotment list.
            • The allotment is done based on the candidate’s category, rank, and preference of college and courses that were filled at the time of counselling.
            • Once the seats are allotted, the candidate has to go to the allotted college and confirm their seat. They will have to do so by paying the course fees in time, and if they fail to do so, the seat will be up for grabs by the next candidate.

            NEET 2019 Counselling for 15% All India Quota

            • The counselling of the 15 per cent AIQ seats will be done by the DGHS India, for the MCC.
            • All the universities participate in this form of online counselling for the 15 per cent AIQ. Seats are available in the Deemed colleges, Central universities, State universities as well as ESIC, AFMC, BHU and AMU colleges.
            • The counselling will stop once all reserved seats are allocated.
            • These candidates can also take part in the State counselling rounds as well.
            • In case the seats stay vacant, they will be added to seats for the State quota.  

            NEET 2019 Counselling for 85% State Quota

            • Candidates can only apply for seats for colleges in their own state.
            • These seats are allocated to the government as well as private medical colleges and counselling for the private colleges will be done by the state counselling authorities.
            • To register, the candidates have to register on the websites of their own home state.
            • Depending on the rank, the state counselling rounds will allot the best option to the candidate.
            • For Jammu and Kashmir, Telangana, and Andhra Pradesh, candidates can only be a part of the state counselling, since they don’t get to be a part of the 15 per cent AIQ.

            NEET 2019 Counselling - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

            When will the NEET counselling process start?

            The counselling process should start in the second week of June 2019. The first round is expected to begin on June 13.

            If I do not join the college I am allocated, will I still be eligible for Round 2?

            There is a concept of 'Free Exit' wherein a candidate can decide not to join the allotted college in Round 1 and still will be eligible to take part in Round 2.

            Can I change my preferences?

            If the candidate hasn't locked in their preferences then they can change them till the assigned date. However, after that, the preferences get locked automatically, and then the candidate cannot change them. Hence, while filling the preferences it is advisable that the candidate must be very careful.

            What are the steps after the declaration of the NEET 2019 results?

            1. Register- The candidates will initially have to register on the MCC site or the state sites if the candidates belong to the 15 per cent AIQ or General Quota, respectively.
            2. Fee Payment- There will be certain fee charges, refundable and non-refundable, which the candidates will be required to pay in order to be eligible for the counselling round.
            3. Filling in preferences- Along with the score, the preferences matter a lot if the candidates want to be able to study in the desired college. The candidates can choose the list of colleges based on the preferences as the list of colleges to be chosen has no limitations.
            4. Seat Allotment Result - Seat Allotment Result will be displayed on the list online, and if the candidates secure a seat, the candidates will get an SMS or Email.
            5. Report to college- Report to the college where the candidates have secured a seat and to complete the admission process.

            If the candidates do not get a seat in Round 1, the candidates are eligible for Round 2. This applies to the candidates who did not secure their seat at the allotted college in Round 1. There will be a Mop-up round for the 85 per cent of the unreserved seats after Round 2 of counselling is over. This round is to fill in the seats which weren’t secured in the first and the second round.

            Can I get admission based on previous year’s score?

            No, the candidates will have to give the NEET entrance exam in the current academic year to be eligible to secure a seat.

            What is the 15 per cent All India Quota (AIQ)?

            The 15 per cent AIQ is basically reservation of 15 per cent of the total seats in all colleges of the country. Depending on the merit list, the top candidates will be given priority to choose a college from the national colleges while the rest of the 85 per cent need to choose from the state level colleges.

            Will the candidates who didn’t get a seat in the 15 per cent AIQ get a seat in the third round?

            Yes, the third round is meant to fill in 85 per cent of the remaining seats after the 15 per cent is allotted.

            Can non-Indians apply for NEET?

            Yes, foreigners can apply for NEET.  All they will need is to have passed their Physics, Biology, Chemistry in grade XII and secure 50 per cent marks in English.

            If my medium of paper was in a local language, will I be eligible for the All India Quota?

            Yes. Irrespective of the medium of paper, the candidates will be considered for the 15 per cent AIQ based on the candidate's marks.

            Important Links related to NEET Exam

            •  Follow

            0 Comments
            Post your Comment! Note: Your Email address will not be disclosed.








            Options

            Do you want to become an IAS officer like Saumya Sharma?
            Study Online at  Neostencil Logo

            Your Exam segments is being saved. Please wait....

            Select Exam(s) you are interested in

            IAS IES/GATE IIT-JEE NEET STATE PSC CSIR UGC NET OTHERS
            please enter valid OTP