Mizoram Civil Services Combined Competitive Examination Exam Pattern and Syllabus
Mizoram Civil Services (Combined Competitive) Examinations will be conducted by Mizoram Public Service Commission for the undermentioned vacant posts. The successful candidates in the examination will be recommended by the commission to various posts in the state civil service based on the merit list of the examination. Interested candidates can get the details here about syllabus and exam pattern for the exam.
MCSCCE Exam Pattern and Syllabus
The Preliminary Examination will consist of two papers carrying 200 marks each of 2 (two) hrs duration. Only those candidates who are declared by the Commission to have qualified in the Preliminary Examination will be eligible for admission to the Main Examination for that year.
The Main Examination shall comprise of written examination and personal interview. The written examination will consist of four compulsory papers carrying 100 marks each and two optional subjects of two papers each as listed under regulation 10, and each Paper will carry 100 marks.
- Written Examination for each paper will be of three hours duration.
- The question papers for the examination will be of conventional essay type and will be set in English (for compulsory and optional subjects) and Mizo (for Mizo papers only)
- The Commission shall adopt the system of normalization of marks on the basis of the norms adopted by the Union Public Service Commission
- Answer script of the candidates will not be evaluated who have not appeared any of the compulsory or optional papers.
- General English
- General Essay
- General Studies I
- General Studies II
- Optional 1 (Paper I and Paper II)
- Optional 2 (Paper I and Paper II)
Only Candidates who have qualified the written examination and fulfil the eligibility criteria will be called for interview. The interview will contain 100 as maximum marks. The marks obtained in the interview together with the marks obtained in the written exam will be considered for final merit list.