Karnataka PSC Exam Pattern for State Services Exam
KPSC Group A&B Exam Pattern for State Services Exam
Karnataka Public Service Commission conducts various examination for the recruitment of the most deserving, eligible and qualified candidates in State Services and all the other administrative services of the Government of Karnataka. Those aspirants who have applied for recruitment exam and want to know the KPSC Exam Pattern so here on this page you may get the complete details regarding the pattern, subject, eligibility etc. and prepare accordingly.
Before appear the examination candidates should have to know about KPSC exam Structure. There is three part for this state wise competitive Exam;
- KPSC Prelims Exam
- KPSC Main Exam
KPSC Exam Pattern for Prelims:
- KPSC question paper will be in the set of both Kannada and English.
- There is two paper for preliminary examination and each paper carrying 100 questions.
- The question paper will consist of multiple choice objective type questions.
- Each question has 2 mark and there will be negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer.
- The standard of General Mental ability questions shall be X standard / SSLC level and remaining papers are degree level.
- The total duration of preliminary exam is 4 hours.
The given below table is regarding the pattern of KPSC preliminary Examination.
|Paper||Name of the Subject||Number of Questions||Marks||Exam Duration|
|PAPER -I||Current affairs related to National and International Level||40||80||2 hours|
|PAPER-II||General studies and Current affairs related to state||40||80||2 hours|
|General Science & Tech, Environment & Ecology||30||60|
|General Mental Ability||30||60|
|Grand Total||200||400||4 hours|
KPSC Mains Examination Pattern:
- The question paper set in both Kannada and English languages.
- KPSC Mains Exam in descriptive mode.
- There is two qualifying paper namely Kannada and English, candidates should secure minimum 35% for these papers.
- The qualifying papers marks not counted for final merit.
- The number of Candidates to be admitted for the Mains Examination shall be 20 times of the total vacancies.
|Qualifying Paper||Kannada||150||2 Hours|
|Qualifying Paper||English||150||2 Hours|
|Compulsory Paper||Essay||250||3 Hours|
|Compulsory Paper||GS Paper 1||250||3 Hours|
|Compulsory Paper||GS Paper 2||250||3 Hours|
|Compulsory Paper||GS Paper 3||250||3 Hours|
|Compulsory Paper||GS Paper 4||250||3 Hours|
|Compulsory Paper||Optional Paper 1||250||3 Hours|
|Compulsory Paper||Optional Paper 2||250||3 Hours|