UPSC IES Result 2020 (Out) - Check the List of Qualified Candidates
UPSC IES Result 2020: UPSC has declared the result of the IES prelims exam at its official website on February 20, 2020. The result is released in the PDF format containing roll numbers of candidates who are qualified for the IES Mains exam which is scheduled on June 28, 2020.
UPSC IES prelims exam was conducted on January 5, 2020 in offline mode in various cities across the country. Candidates who have appeared in the exam can check their result through the link provided below:
Click Here to Check IES Prelims Result 2020
How to Check IES Prelims Results 2020?
Candidates who have taken the IES preliminary exam can follow the steps given below to check their result.
- Log in to the official UPSC website upsc.gov.in
- Find the relevant IES ESE examination result notification and click on the link.
- A PDF containing the roll number of candidates qualified of IES Mains exam will open.
- Search your roll number.
- If you will find your roll no. then you will be eligible to take IES mains exam.
- Remember only qualified candidates roll numbers will be listed on the result notification PDF.
- IES Mains Admit Card 2020 will be released 3 weeks before the exam on the official website.
Documents Needed After the IES Prelims Result
- Certificate of Age
- Certificate of Educational Qualification
- Category Certificate (wherever applicable)
- Certificate in support of the claim for age/ fee concession
How to Check for Your IES ESE Main Results?
- Visit the official UPSC website i.e. www.upsc.gov.in
- Click on Active Examination under Examinations.
- Click on Engineering Service Examination 2019.
- The Result file can be downloaded by clicking download on the right-hand upper corner.
- Search your roll number by using the find tool.
IES 2020 Answer Key
The answer key to the IES ESE 2020 examination will be released by the UPSC along with the results. This will give the candidates a fair idea of the marks scored. Answer keys will be available for the following papers:
- Civil Engineering Paper - I
- Civil Engineering Paper - II
- Mechanical Engineering Paper - I
- Mechanical Engineering Paper - II
- Electrical Engineering Paper - I
- Electrical Engineering Paper - II
- E & T Paper - I
- E & T Paper - II
The answer key can be downloaded from the official website. Also, check the IES Prelims answer key released by NeoStencil, in association with top IES coaching institute.
IES-ESE 2020 Merit List
The Union Public Services Commission will conduct the Indian Engineering Services examination for 2020 and will assess the answer sheets of the candidates. The IES 2020 merit sheet will be declared on the UPSC website www.upsc.gov.in.
The merit list will be based on the marks obtained in both Stage I and Stage II examinations (the Prelims and the Mains). Based on the total marks the eligibility for the interview round will be decided.
The merit list will be scored out of the total marks allotted to any candidate based on the three stages. That is Prelims - 500, Mains - 600, Interview - 200. Candidates scoring the highest of the 1300 marks will find a place on the merit list.
Given below is the table for the qualifying process of the IES ESE 2020 examination:
|Stage 1||IES Preliminary Examination (Objective Type Paper)||Only those candidates who qualify the Preliminary Examination will be permitted to appear for Stage 2 Examination|
|Paper I (Common)||General Studies and Engineering Aptitude Paper|
|Paper II||Engineering Discipline-Specific Paper|
|Stage 2||IES Mains Examination (Conventional Type Papers)||Only those candidates who qualify both Stage 1 and Stage 2 Examination will be allowed to appear for Stage 3 Examination|
|Paper I||Engineering Discipline-specific Paper-I|
|Paper II||Engineering Discipline-specific Paper-II|
|Stage III||Personality Test (Interview)|
|Stage I +II + III||Grand Total = Final IES 2020 Result||Candidates who will qualify all the three stages will be listed in IES 2020 Final Merit List of Engineering Services Examination.The selection of candidates will be based on the total marks secured.|
IES Cut-off 2020
The cut-off list is the minimum number of marks required to make it to the merit list of the IES ESE examination. The cut-off list varies year on year depending on the performance of the candidates. The cut-offs for the IES 2020 will be declared after the conclusion of mains exam. The cut-off marks are released according to the engineering stream and candidates appearing.