IES 2018 Application Form
The official notification for Indian Engineering Services Engineering Services Examination was released by the Union Public services Commission.
Important Dates for IES Application
The important dates to be remembered by the candidates are as follows.
|ESE / IESE 2019 Notification Declaration Date and Starting Date of Online Application||26th September 2018|
|ESE / IESE 2019 Last Date to Fill Application Form / Online Registration||22nd October 2018|
|ESE / IESE 2019 Preliminary Exam (Objective Paper)||General Studies and Engineering Aptitude Paper-I||09:00 AM-11:00 AM2 hours||6th January 2019(SUNDAY)(1 DAY)|
|Engineering Discipline-specific Paper-II||02:00 P.M-05:00 P.M3 hours|
|ESE / IES 2019 Prelims Result||April 2019|
|ESE / IESE 2019 Main Exam (Conventional Type Papers)||Engineering Discipline-specific Paper-I||9:00 AM-12:00 AM3 hours||30th June 2019(SUNDAY)(1 DAY)|
|Engineering Discipline-specific Paper-II||2:00 pm- 5:00 pm3 hours|
|ESE / IES 2019 Mains Result||August 2019 (Tentative)|
|ESE / IESE 2019 Personality Test/ Interview Date||November to December 2019|
How to Apply for IES Online
It is very easy to apply for the IES ESE examination online. To do so, just follow the below mentioned steps.
- Log into the official UPSC website: www.upsconline.nic.in
- Find the marker Apply Online and click on it
- Fill in the required areas of Part 1 carefully
- Click Save and Continue
- Fill in part 2 of the registration process - for online payment of fees
- Upload your photograph and signature
- Select the examination centres
- Agree to the declaration and submit the form
- Do remember to keep a hard copy or print out of your application form for future reference
The candidate s selection at each stage of the examination will be subjected to the eligibility conditions and hence it is advised to go through the eligibility requirements of IES officer. The candidate s eligibility is determined on various grounds such as age limit, nationality, educational qualifications and a lot more. Aspirants should ascertain their eligibility before submitting the application form.
Vacancies in IES ESE 2019
The IES ESE examination is held to fill in the vacancies in the engineering sector of the Indian Government.
There are 581 vacancies for 2019 under various categories such as
- Civil Engineering (Category I)
- Mechanical Engineering (Category II)
- Electrical Engineering (Category III)
- Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering (Category IV)
For a detailed list of vacancies to be filled by the examination in 2019, please refer to the official notification.
Details to Be Filled in the Examination Application for IES ESE 2019
Details required in part 1 of the registration process are as follows
- Name should be filled as stated in your 10th or 12th passing certificate.
- Parents name: Do not prefix salutations such as Mr/ Mrs/Dr to any of the names.
- Select the correct gender
- Date of Birth should be as provided in the 10th or 12th passing certificate
- Nationality: If you are not an Indian national please be sure to attach the certificate of eligibility from the Government of India.
- Email address: This should be a working address as all communication regarding the IES will be done on this address.
- Password: Choose a password which has 10 digits including one character and one number.
- Mobile number: This is your primary communication medium for all IES communication. Provide a correct number.
- Academic details:
- Details of aggregate marks out of total marks, year of passing and name of the board of the 10th
- Details of aggregate marks out of total marks, year of passing and name of the board of the 12th
- Details of aggregate marks out of total marks, year of passing and name of the University of the B.Tech degree.
Payment of the Examination Fee
The fees to be filled along with the application form is as follows:
- General quota: Rs 200/-
- Female: NIL
- SC/ST/PH: NIL
The fees can be filled via an online mode via SBI Net Banking/ credit card/ debit card. Fees can also be paid via a challan through the nearest branch of the State Bank of India. Candidates paying through the bank should take a print out of the challan generated online and pay the money in the bank within 24 hours.
Selecting the Examination Centre
Candidates can select one examination centre of their choice to appear for the Prelims and Mains of the IES ESE examination. The centres will appear in a drop-down menu from which you can select a centre.
These are the centres offered for the IES ESE examination 2019:
- Dispur (Guwahati)
Uploading your Photograph and Signature
The final step to completing your registration is uploading of your photograph and signature.
- The photograph and signature should be scanned to a JPG format
- The photograph should be 140 height x 110 width and not exceed 40 kb
- The signature should be 110 height x 140 width and not exceed 40 kb
Points to Remember While Filing the IES ESE Examination Application Form
- Ensure that your photograph and signature are properly cropped.
- If there are any marks on the photograph or signature, or it is not cropped to size, the application might be rejected.
- Cross check all the details for accuracy before finally submitting the application.
- Once the application is submitted, it cannot be corrected or withdrawn.
- Check and cross check before submitting the application.
- Keep a print out of the application form for future reference.
- Submit the application only once. Multiple application might result in the cancellation of applications.
- The choice of exam centre cannot be changed once the application is submitted.
- The choice of the post being applied for or the field of engineering cannot be changed at a later date.
- Incomplete application forms will be rejected.
IES Admit Card
The admit card for the IES ESE main examination will be available on the official UPSC website three weeks before the examination (www.upsconline.nic.in). This is an important document which will enable you to appear for the examination. It contains all your details, such as name, examination centre, roll number etc. This is made available to the candidates who have cleared the Prelims and are eligible to appear for the Mains. Log into the website and download the document and retain it with you after the examination for future reference.