IES 2018 Application Form
Important Dates for IES ApplicationThe important dates to be remembered by the candidates are as follows.
|ESE / IESE 2018 Notification Declaration Date and Starting Date of Online Application||27th September 2017 (WEDNESDAY)|
|ESE / IESE 2018 Last Date to Fill Application Form / Online Registration||23rd October 2017(MONDAY)|
|ESE / IESE 2018 Preliminary Exam (Objective Paper)||General Studies and Engineering Aptitude Paper-I||09:00 AM-11:00 AM2 hours||7th January 2018(SUNDAY)(1 DAY)|
|Engineering Discipline-specific Paper-II||02:00 P.M-05:00 P.M3 hours|
|ESE / IES 2018 Prelims Result||17th February 2018|
|ESE / IESE 2018 Main Exam (Conventional Type Papers)||Engineering Discipline-specific Paper-I||9:00 AM-12:00 AM3 hours||st July 2018(SUNDAY)(1 DAY)|
|Engineering Discipline-specific Paper-II||2:00 pm- 5:00 pm3 hours|
|ESE / IES 2018 Mains Result||August 2018 (Tentative)|
|ESE / IESE 2018 Personality Test/ Interview Date||November to December 2018|
How to Apply for IES OnlineIt is very easy to apply for the IES ESE examination online. To do so, just follow the below mentioned steps.
- Log into the official UPSC website: www.upsconline.nic.in
- Find the marker Apply Online and click on it
- Fill in the required areas of Part 1 carefully
- Click Save and Continue
- Fill in part 2 of the registration process - for online payment of fees
- Upload your photograph and signature
- Select the examination centres
- Agree to the declaration and submit the form
- Do remember to keep a hard copy or print out of your application form for future reference
Eligibility CriteriaThe candidate s selection at each stage of the examination will be subjected to the eligibility conditions and hence it is advised to go through the eligibility requirements of IES officer. The candidate s eligibility is determined on various grounds such as age limit, nationality, educational qualifications and a lot more. Aspirants should ascertain their eligibility before submitting the application form.
Vacancies in IES ESE 2018The IES ESE examination is held to fill in the vacancies in the engineering sector of the Indian Government.
There are 588 vacancies for 2018 under various categories such as
- Civil Engineering (Category I)
- Mechanical Engineering (Category II)
- Electrical Engineering (Category III)
- Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering (Category IV)
Details to Be Filled in the Examination Application for IES ESE 2018Details required in part 1 of the registration process are as follows
- Name should be filled as stated in your 10th or 12th passing certificate.
- Parents name: Do not prefix salutations such as Mr/ Mrs/Dr to any of the names.
- Select the correct gender
- Date of Birth should be as provided in the 10th or 12th passing certificate
- Nationality: If you are not an Indian national please be sure to attach the certificate of eligibility from the Government of India.
- Email address: This should be a working address as all communication regarding the IES will be done on this address.
- Password: Choose a password which has 10 digits including one character and one number.
- Mobile number: This is your primary communication medium for all IES communication. Provide a correct number.
- Academic details:
- Details of aggregate marks out of total marks, year of passing and name of the board of the 10th
- Details of aggregate marks out of total marks, year of passing and name of the board of the 12th
- Details of aggregate marks out of total marks, year of passing and name of the University of the B.Tech degree.
Payment of the Examination FeeThe fees to be filled along with the application form is as follows:
- General quota: Rs 200/-
- Female: NIL
- SC/ST/PH: NIL
Selecting the Examination CentreCandidates can select one examination centre of their choice to appear for the Prelims and Mains of the IES ESE examination. The centres will appear in a drop-down menu from which you can select a centre.
These are the centres offered for the IES ESE examination 2018:
- Dispur (Guwahati)
Uploading your Photograph and SignatureThe final step to completing your registration is uploading of your photograph and signature.
- The photograph and signature should be scanned to a JPG format
- The photograph should be 140 height x 110 width and not exceed 40 kb
- The signature should be 110 height x 140 width and not exceed 40 kb
Points to Remember While Filing the IES ESE Examination Application Form
- Ensure that your photograph and signature are properly cropped.
- If there are any marks on the photograph or signature, or it is not cropped to size, the application might be rejected.
- Cross check all the details for accuracy before finally submitting the application.
- Once the application is submitted, it cannot be corrected or withdrawn.
- Check and cross check before submitting the application.
- Keep a print out of the application form for future reference.
- Submit the application only once. Multiple application might result in the cancellation of applications.
- The choice of exam centre cannot be changed once the application is submitted.
- The choice of the post being applied for or the field of engineering cannot be changed at a later date.
- Incomplete application forms will be rejected.
IES Admit CardThe admit card for the IES ESE main examination will be available on the official UPSC website three weeks before the examination (www.upsconline.nic.in). This is an important document which will enable you to appear for the examination. It contains all your details, such as name, examination centre, roll number etc. This is made available to the candidates who have cleared the Prelims and are eligible to appear for the Mains. Log into the website and download the document and retain it with you after the examination for future reference.