IES 2020 Application Form
The official notification for Indian Engineering Services / Engineering Services Examination was released by the Union Public services Commission.
Important Dates for IES Application
The important dates to be remembered by the candidates are as follows.
|ESE / IESE 2020 Notification Declaration Date and Starting Date of Online Application||25th September 2019|
|ESE / IESE 2020 Last Date to Fill Application Form / Online Registration||15th October 2019|
|ESE / IES 2020 Preliminary Exam (Objective Paper)||General Studies and Engineering Aptitude Paper-I||09:00 AM-11:00 AM (2 hours)||5th January 2020 (SUNDAY) (1 DAY)|
|Engineering Discipline-specific Paper-II||02:00 P.M-05:00 P.M (3 hours)|
|ESE / IES 2020 Prelims Result||April 2020|
|ESE / IESE 2020 Main Exam (Conventional Type Papers)||Engineering Discipline-specific Paper-I||9:00 AM-12:00 AM (3 hours)||30th June 2019(SUNDAY)(1 DAY)|
|Engineering Discipline-specific Paper-II||2:00 PM- 5:00 PM (3 hours)|
|ESE / IES 2020 Mains Result||August 2020 (Tentative)|
|ESE / IESE 2020 Personality Test/ Interview Date||November to December 2020|
How to Apply for IES Online
- Log into the official UPSC website: www.upsconline.nic.in
- Click on Apply Online
- Fill in the all the information in Part I
- Click Save and Continue
- Fill in the all the information in Part II to pay the fees online
- Upload your photograph and signature
- Select your preferred examination centres
- Agree to the declaration and submit the form
- Take a print out of your Application
The selection of candidates at each stage of the examination will be subjected to the eligibility conditions and hence it is advised to go through the eligibility requirements of an IES officer. Aspirants should ascertain their eligibility before submitting the application form.
Vacancies in IES ESE 2020
The IES ESE examination is held to fill in the vacancies in the engineering sector of the Indian Government.
There are 581 vacancies for 2019 under the following categories:
- Civil Engineering (Category I)
- Mechanical Engineering (Category II)
- Electrical Engineering (Category III)
- Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering (Category IV)
Things to keep in mind while filling in your Application for IES ESE 2020
- Name and Date of Birth should be filled as stated in your 10th or 12th passing certificate.
- Parents name: Do not prefix salutations such as Mr/ Mrs/Dr to any of the names.
- Nationality: If you are not an Indian National, make sure to attach the certificate of eligibility from the Government of India.
- Enter your Email address which you check regularly, as all communication will be send to this ID.
- While setting a password, make sure it has 10 characters (including one special chaterter and one number).
- Your academic details should include the aggregate marks out of total markks, year of passing and the name of board for your 10th, 12th and B.Tech degree.
- Once the application is submitted, it cannot be corrected or withdrawn.
- Submit the application only once. Multiple application might result in the cancellation of applications.
- The choice of exam centre cannot be changed once the application is submitted.
- The choice of the post being applied for or the field of engineering cannot be changed at a later date.
- Incomplete application forms will be rejected.
Payment of the Examination Fee
The fees to be filled along with the application form is as follows:
- General quota: Rs 200/-
- Female: NIL
- SC/ST/PH: NIL
The fees can be filled via an online mode via SBI Net Banking/ Credit Card/ Debit Card. Fees can also be paid via a challan through the nearest branch of the State Bank of India. Candidates paying through the bank should take a print out of the challan generated online and pay the money in the bank within 24 hours.
Selecting the Examination Centre
Candidates can select one examination centre of their choice to appear for the Prelims and Mains of the IES ESE examination. The following centres will appear in a drop-down menu:
- Dispur (Guwahati)
Uploading your Photograph and Signature
The final step to completing your registration is uploading of your photograph and signature.
- The photograph and signature should be scanned to a JPG format
- The photograph should be 140 height x 110 width and not exceed 40 kb
- The signature should be 110 height x 140 width and not exceed 40 kb
- Ensure that your photograph and signature are properly cropped
IES Admit Card
The admit card for the IES ESE main examination will be available on the official UPSC website three weeks before the examination (www.upsconline.nic.in). Without producing your admit card, candidates will not be allowed into the exam hall.