IES 2019 Exam Date – Check Timetable, Application Process, & Dates
About IES Exam
Indian Engineering Services (IES or ESE) examination is conducted by the UPSC for the recruitment of candidates to various posts in technical posts in the government sector. More than 2 lakh candidates register for the examination each year.
Schedule of IES 2019 Examination
|Availability of Application Form||26.09.2018-22.10.2018|
|Prelims Examination General Studies and Engineering Aptitude Paper-I Engineering Discipline-specific Paper-II||6.01.2019|
|Main Exam (Conventional Type Papers)Engineering Discipline-specific Paper-IEngineering Discipline-specific Paper-II||30.06.2019|
|Personality Test/ Interview Date||November 2019|
Last Date of Application for IES
The last date for application for IES 2019 is 22.10.2018.
Duration of Exam
The examination is conducted in two phases- Prelims and Mains. The Prelims examination consists of Paper I of 2 hours and Paper II for 3 hours. The Mains examination 2 papers of 3 hours each.
Stages of Examination
The examination is conducted in three stages:
- Stage 1: Preliminary Exam to screen successful candidates for the Mains.
- Stage 2: Main Examination includes conventional type papers for selecting successful candidates for the interview.
- Stage 3: Selected students will be called for an interview at this stage and will be posted on various services announced.
Details about Online Application
Procedure to Apply Online
- Candidates need to visit the official website in order to fill in the application form for IES Exam.
- There are two parts of the online application- Registration I and Registration II.
- Registration I entails the candidate's personal details.
- Registration II entails choice of exam centre and engineering core branch
- Candidates will be required to upload the scanned copy of passport size photograph and signature before moving to the payment of application fee.
- With the payment of the fees, the application will be considered to be complete.
Mode of Application
The mode of application is online, and no offline applications will be accepted by UPSC.
Mode of Payment
- The application fees can be remitted online as well as offline.
- In the case of the online mode of payment, credit card/ debit card and net banking facilities will be available, and in the case of the offline mode of payment, the candidate will be provided with a pay in slip for the cash payment at a branch of the State Bank of India.
- The application fees are Rs.200/- which should be either deposited in any branch of SBI by cash or by using net banking facility. There is no fee for SC/ST/PH category candidates.
For an aspirant who strives to join the Government of India for engineering services, IES exam is an official path to achieve their dreams. Once the application is successfully processed, the candidates need to begin with the preparation for the examination in order to achieve success.