IES Eligibility Criteria
NationalityA. Citizen of India B. A subject of Nepal C. A subject of Bhutan D. A Tibetan Refugee who is permanently staying in India until January 01, 1962 E. Indian origin individual from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India
NOTE - The candidate should have valid documents to prove their eligibility as an Indian national.
- It should be noted that the interested candidates must not be less than 21 years and not more than 30 years. The upper age or maximum age limit will be relaxed to 35 years for the government servants.
- This relaxation in IES age limit will not be admissible to the probationer appointed against the permanent post in the office during his period of probation.
- The upper age limit is also relaxed for up to 5 years for the candidates who belong to SC/ ST and for up to 3 years for the aspirants belonging to the OBC category.
- Relaxation of 5 years will also be provided to ECOs/ SSCOs who have finished an initial period of assignment of five years of military services on 1 August 2018.
- The upper age limit will be relaxed for up to three years in the case of defense services personnel who get disabled during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area.
- The candidates need to prove their eligibility for enjoying the benefit of age limit relaxation by submitting the valid documents.
- As this is the engineering service examination, therefore, the candidate should hold the engineering degree in civil/mechanical/electrical/electronics and telecommunications from a recognized university or educational institution.
- Those candidates who have a degree/diploma in engineering from foreign college/university are also eligible for this exam as per IES eligibility.
- Those aspirants who have passed graduate membership examination of the institution of electronics and telecommunications engineers (India) can also take this exam.
- Those candidates who have cleared associate membership examination of part II and III of the aeronautical society of India are also considered as eligible.
- Candidates who are waiting for their results can also apply for this examination but their recruitment would be deemed to be provisional and subject to cancellation if they fail to produce necessary documents within the specific period of time. If they do not submit their certificates then their recruitment will be cancelled even if they have cleared the entire selection procedure.
- The candidates need to undergo medical examination regardless of the fact that he or she has appeared for such examination in the past.
- This medical examination will be conducted in any of the railway hospitals under the Ministry of Railways. The final decision regarding candidate s fitness will be taken by the railway s medical board and shall be considered as final.
- List of zonal railway hospitals:
- B.A.M. Hospital, Mumbai
- B.R. Singh Hospital, Kolkata
- Central Hospital, Patna
- Central Hospital, Delhi
- Central Hospital, Bhubaneswar
- LNMR Hospital, Gorakhpur
- Central Hospital, Guwahati
- Central Hospital, Jaipur
- Central Hospital, Chennai
- Central Hospital, Secundrabad
- Central Hospital, Kolkata
- Central Hospital, Bilaspur
- Central Hospital, Hubli
- Central Hospital, Jabalpur
- J R H Hospital, Mumbai
Physical StandardsTo apply for this examination, the candidate must be physically fit as per the physical standards for the admission to IES examination.
Height & Chest Measurement
|Service||Gender||Height||Chest GirthFully Expanded||Expansion|
|BRES. Gr. A in BorderRoads Organisation||Male||152 cm||84 cm||5 cm|
|Female||150 cm||79 cm||5 cm|
|MES Service Gr. A||Not Required||5 cm|
|Indian OrdnanceFactories Service Gr. A||Not Required||5 cm|
|S. No.||Service||Distant Vision||#colspan#||Near Vision||#colspan#|
|Better Eye(CorrectedVision)||Worse Eye||Better Eye(CorrectedVision)||Worse Eye|
|1||Railway Engineering Service(EE, ME, CE &Signal)||6/6 or 6/9||6/12 or 6/9||J/I||J/II|
|2||1. Central EngineeringService, Group-A2. Central Electricaland MechanicalEngineering Service, Gr. A3. Central WaterEngineeringService Gr A 4. Central PowerEngineeringService Gr A &Gr B 5. Central EngineeringService (Roads), Group-A6. Indian Radio RegulatoryService Gr A 7. Indian TelecommunicationService Gr. A , J.T.OGr. B, 8. Assistant ExecutiveEngineerin P&T Building works(Gr. A ) Service9. Indian NavalArmament Service.Indian NavalStores Service,10. Indian Ordnance FactoriesService Group A.Survey of India Gr A Service,11. Indian InspectionService (Asstt. Dir.Grade-I)||6/6 or 6/9||6/12 or 6/9||J/I||J/I|
|3||1. AEE Gr A in Corpsof EME2. Military EngineerService, Gr. A. (IDSE)3. AEE(QS&C) inMilitary Engineer Service(MES)Surveyor Cadre4. BRES Gr. An inBorder RoadsOrganisation||6/6 or 6/9||6/18 or 6/9||J/I||J/II|
|B. Non Technical|
|4||1. Indian RailwayStores Service2. Indian SupplyService Gr A 3. GeologicalSurvey of IndiaEngineeringService Gr A||6/9||6/12||J/I||J/II|