History Answer Writing Practice 2020 - Week 9 - Question Set 1
90 Days History Answer Writing Practice - Questions for 07-Jan-2021
History Syllabus Covered in Week 9
17. Society, Culture and Economy in the Thirteenth and Fourteenth Centuries: - Society: composition of rural society, ruling classes, town dwellers, women, religious classes, caste and slavery under the Sultanate, Bhakti movement, Sufi movement - Culture: Persian literature, literature in the regional languages of North India, literature in the languages of South India, Sultanate architecture and new structural forms, painting, evolution of a composite culture - Economy: Agricultural production, rise of urban economy and non-agricultural production, trade and commerce
18. The Fifteenth and Early Sixteenth Century – Political Developments and Economy: - Rise of Provincial Dynasties: Bengal, Kashmir (Zainul Abedin), Gujarat, Malwa, Bahmanids - The Vijayanagra Empire - Lodis - Mughal Empire, First phase: Babur and Humayun - The Sur Empire: Sher Shah’s administration - Portuguese Colonial enterprise - Bhakti and Sufi Movements
19. The Fifteenth and early Sixteenth Century – Society and Culture: - Regional cultural specificities - Literary traditions - Provincial architecture - Society, culture, literature and the arts in Vijayanagara Empire.
20. Akbar: - Conquests and consolidation of the Empire - Establishment of Jagir and Mansab systems - Rajput policy - Evolution of religious and social outlook, theory of Sulh-i-kul and religious policy - Court patronage of art and technology.
Instructions for Writing Answers
1. Click the Question links provided and write your answer on the individual question page.
2. Model Answers and Feedback would be provided on the individual question page.
3. Don't write answers on this Page.