Haryana Public Service Commission – Exam Pattern And Syllabus
Haryana Public Service Commission conducts various examination for the recruitment of the most deserving, eligible and qualified candidates in State Services and all the other administrative services of the Government of Haryana. Those aspirants who have applied for the recruitment exam and want to know about HPSC Exam Pattern so here on this page you may get the complete details regarding the pattern, subject, eligibility etc.
HPSC Exam Pattern & Syllabus
The examination is conducted in three stages and the scheme is as follows:
- Preliminary Examination, which comprises two papers of objective types. The exam carries a maximum of 200 marks.
- Main written examination - 600 marks.
- Personality Test – 75 marks.
HPSC Preliminary Examination
- Paper 1 – General Studies carries a maximum of 100 marks. Time duration allowed is 2 hours.
- Paper 2- Optional Subject, which also carries a maximum of 100 marks and time duration is 2 hours. One optional subject has to be selected from the list of allowed 19 optional subjects.
List of 19 optional subjects for prelims:
|Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science||Mathematics|
|Civil Engineering||Political Science and International Relations|
|Commerce and Accountancy||Psychology|
NOTE: There is a negative marking of 0.25 for a wrong response.
HPSC Mains Examination
The main written examination is conventional essay types. It consists of five papers. Duration of each paper is 3 hours. The Candidates will have the option to write to answer the General Knowledge and optional subjects either in English or Hindi. No candidate is allowed to answer the questions partly in English or Hindi.
Paper 1- English (includes Essay) – carries 100 marks.
Paper 2- Hindi (includes Essay in Devnagri script) - carries 100 marks.
Paper 3- General Studies- carries 100 marks.
Paper 4- Two optional subjects (to be selected from the list of 23 optional subjects) - carries 150 marks each i.e. 300 marks
List of 23 optional subjects :
|Political Science and International Relations||Commerce and Accountancy|
|Public Administration||Electrical Engineering|
|Punjabi Literature||English Literature|
|Sanskrit Literature||Hindi Literature ( in Devnagri Script)|
|Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science|
Candidates will not be allowed to offer the following combinations of subjects:
- Political Science and International Relations and Public Administration
- Agriculture and Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
- Hindi Literature, English Literature, Sanskrit Literature and Punjabi Literature
- Of the Engineering Subjects such as Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering not more than one subject.
Applications can be filled online by visiting the official website of Haryana Public Service Commission on or before the closing date.
Personality Test /Interview:
Only Candidates who have qualified the written examination and fulfil the eligibility criteria will be called for interview. The interview will contain 75 as maximum marks. The marks obtained in the interview together with the marks obtained in the written exam will be considered for final merit list.