Geography Answer Writing Practice - Week 8 - Question 3
90 Days Geography Answer Writing Practice Question 1 for 24-Jan-2018
Instructions for Writing Answer1. Write your answers in the comment section.
2. Experts will provide their feedback in reply.
3. Model Answers will be uploaded on this page next day.
4. Rectify your mistakes and progress further.
5. All the Best.
24-Jan-2018 - Question 1
In population planning, the thrust of the Government has been planning the population not plan for the population . Elaborate. 2015 (200)
India is the second most populous country in the world in spite of the fact that India was the first country in the world to come up will state-sponsored population planning measures. This summarizes the problem in the planning the population.
Since the start of the population planning processes in India, the thrust of the program was to control the rate of growth of population by providing cheap contraceptives, the incentive to doctors for sterilization, forced sterilization program during the emergency, advocacy program like Hum do Humare Do.
But in spite of all these effort, the problem of population growth continued and this has lead to a change in the perspective of the government and now the focus is on planning for the population.
The government has understood that development is the best contraceptive to population growth.
- The focus is now on increasing the literacy rate by making compulsory education as a fundamental right. This will increase the literacy among women and also a literate person can better understand the importance of family planning and a small family, which will decrease the population growth
- The focus is on improving the nutrition and health of mother and children to decrease MMR, CMR and IMR which will decrease the need for more children as there will be more choice of survival.
- Schemes like Skill India will increase the employability of youth and may also lead to increase in the age of marriage for both male and female as an employed youth better understands that economic stability is required to start a family.