Geography Answer Writing Practice - Week 6 - Question 3
90 Days Geography Answer Writing Practice Question 1 for 10-Jan-2018
Instructions for Writing Answer1. Write your answers in the comment section.
2. Experts will provide their feedback in reply.
3. Model Answers will be uploaded on this page next day.
4. Rectify your mistakes and progress further.
5. All the Best.
10-Jan-2018 - Question 1
The Bokaro Iron and Steel Plant is an example of Industrial Complex. 2016 (150)
Bokaro steel plant is situated in the eastern coal field of India in Jharkhand. The plant was established in 1972 to promote the Industrial growth of the region. The establishment of Bokaro steel plant leads to the development of forward and backward linkages and the region expanded to become an Industrial complex.
The requirement of raw material for the BSP, lead to the development of mining industries in the surrounding region.
- The raw coal is procured from various mines in Jharia coalfields and washed coal is received from Dugda, Kathara, Giddi and Kargil washeries.
- Lump and fine iron ore are supplied from the captive mines at Kiriburu mines from Singhbhum district.
- Limestone for Blast Furnace grade is received from captive mines located in Palamu district.
- Dolomite, the other flux material for Sinter Plant is obtained from Madhya Pradesh.
The finished product leads to the development of Small and Medium enterprise in the surrounding areas. Adityapur is one of the largest MSME complex situated in the region. The simultaneous development of infrastructure in terms of roads and railways has further pushed the growth of the complex.
The Plant is currently is in an expansion phase and is expected to be a 10 MT plant in near future. This will further expand the area of the industrial complex.