Geography Answer Writing Practice - Week 12 - Question 3
90 Days Geography Answer Writing Practice Question 1 for 21-Feb-2018
Instructions for Writing Answer1. Write your answers in the comment section.
2. Experts will provide their feedback in reply.
3. Model Answers will be uploaded on this page next day.
4. Rectify your mistakes and progress further.
5. All the Best.
21-Feb-2018 - Question 1
Bring out the geopolitical implications of Doklam dispute in the context of Indo-China relations. 2017 (150)
Doklam is situated in the tri-junction between India, China and Bhutan. The Doklam standoff started when the Chinese side tried to build a road in the disputed region. Since Bhutan is diplomatically and militarily supported by India, India supported Bhutan against the Chinese incursion and this resulted in a 75-day military standoff between India and China.
The standoff was finally resolved after sustained negotiation and diplomacy and both sides withdrew their army from the disputed site.
The geopolitical implication of Indo-China dispute:
- India s strong resolve against Chinese provocation sent out a strong message to the south and south-east Asian countries that India would stand with its friend in time of crises.
- The dispute was closely watched by the south East Asian nation who has a territorial dispute with China and now they have hope that China is not unstoppable.
- This has raised the stature of India in the comity of the nation and now India is considered as a rising superpower.
- The resolution of the dispute also shows that every dispute can be resolved through diplomacy and negotiation.