Geography Answer Writing Practice 2018 - Week 11 - Question 1
90 Days Geography Answer Writing Practice Question 1 for 21-Jan-2019
Instructions for Writing Answer
1. Write your answers in the comment section.
2. Experts will provide their feedback in reply.
3. Model Answers will be uploaded on this page the next day.
4. Rectify your mistakes and progress further.
5. All the Best.
21-Jan-2019 - Question 1
Outline briefly the “age of mass consumption" as described by Rostow in his multi-stage theory of growth. 150 words (2018)
For Question 2 - Click Here
Rostow propounded a five-stage sequence of economic and social development in 1971. He saw economic growth occurring in five stages and argued that all societies may pass through the five stages to achieve socio-economic development. It assumes that capitalism is the underlying structure of society.
The age of mass consumption is the final stage in his theory of growth:
- This is the stage in which every citizen of the country has access to all the available goods of comfort and luxury.
- The sources of recreation are enormous.
- The leisure time, is however reduced as people have to work extra time to obtain the latest goods and services for consumption.
- The literacy rate is almost 100% , longevity is high and per capita income is also high i.e. they show high HDI values.
Countries in north-west Europe, US and Canada are said to be some of the countries in this stage.