GATE 2019 Application Form
GATE 2019 Application Form- Fees, Important Dates & Online Procedure
GATE entrance exam is hailed as one of the toughest entrance exams in India. The scores obtained in GATE exams are even accepted by many international universities and colleges. As per the GATE guidelines, there is no specific age limit to apply for the exam. The entrance is usually held on weekends.
The 2019 GATE entrance exam will be conducted in February 2019, and the results for the same will be declared on March 16, 2019. The important dates for the upcoming GATE entrance exams, GATE 2019 are mentioned below:
- Opening date for application for GATE entrance availability is in September 2018.
- The last date for submission of the application for GATE entrance exam forms will be in October 2018.
- The last date for corrections to be made to the forms will be in October 2018 as well.
- The last date for changing the examination centres, if required, will be in November 2018.
- The admit cards will be available in January 2019.
- The examination for the GATE entrance will be held in February 2019.
- The official answer key for the exam will be released after a few weeks of the exam.
- Result for the GATE 2019 will be declared in March 2019.
- The counselling process for the candidates will begin in April 2019.
Documents to Be Kept While Applying for the GATE 2019 Application Form
When applying for your GATE application form, there are several documents to be kept nearby. The GATE 2019 application form will be similar to the GATE 2018 registration form. There is no such change in the documents to be submitted, here is a list to get you through the procedure:
- The candidate will be required to fill out all the personal information in the application form, including name, phone number, address and other relevant details.
- The student s eligibility documents need to be uploaded in a scanned and PDF form. The documents could be a provisional certificate, degree certificate or a certificate from the principal.
- The student will be required to fill in the name, address and the PIN code of the college from which the student has graduated or is currently enrolled in.
- The candidate will be required to upload two photographs for the application. One photograph should be of the student, a recent one and in prescribed dimensions (3.5 cm width and 4.5 cm height, 2KB to 200KB). Other than this, the student is also required to upload a high-quality photograph of their signatures (7cm width and 2 cm height, 2KB to 150KB).
- The certificates for Dyslexia Certificate, PwD Certificate or Category (SC/ST) certificate in a PDF format, if applicable.
- A copy of the identification document or a valid ID as prescribed by the government.
It must be noted that the name of the candidate on the GATE application form should be exactly the same one as provided in the documents and the mark sheet of the college. A change in such details may lead cancellation of the scores in future.
To know more about perquisites and the documents for submission for the form, have a look here.
How to fill GATE 2019 Application Form?
To fill out the GATE application form, you need the following:
- All the documents as mentioned above
- A computer
- A good internet connection
Here are the steps involved in applying for the GATE online form in brief:
- Registration through GOAPS.
- Filling the GATE form.
- Uploading all the required documents and images.
- Reviewing your exam form.
- Payment of the fees for the online form.
- Submission of the form.
Steps in Detail
Step 1: Registration through GOAPS
Every candidate is to register for the GATE entrance exam through the portal, GOAPS, which stands for GATE Online Application Processing System. Here the student will be required to fill out all the relevant personal data such as:
- PIN code
- Email address
- Address of residence
Once done, you can click on submit. Your email address will receive all the information on enrollment, including your enrollment ID and reference ID which can be used later on.
Also, remember that the addresses mentioned here cannot be changed at any later date, so be extremely careful while filling this form.
Step 2: Entering details
The second step in the filling process of the GATE online form is to fill out your login details with your enrollment details.
- Enter your email address
- Fill in your Enrollment ID
- Fill in your Reference ID
- Add password to the details, to log in
After successfully doing this, the student will be able to find a declaration form. This form needs to be accepted and filled out as prescribed to continue with the application form.
Step 3: Filling of the various details
This step is the most important of all.
The above window will open up, and you will be required to fill out all the details as per your preference. Here is what you will need to fill:
- GATE examination paper of your choice.
- The country you wish you to appear in.
- You will be required to choose three cities of your preference in the next step.
Next, you will be required to submit your personal details. Remember to check the details you fill out. Here is what needs to be covered:
- Your name
- Email Address
- Phone number
- Category to which the candidate belongs to
- Country of permanent residence, if an international student.
- ID proof
- Number of ID proof
- Name of the parent
- Name of the country the parent resides in
- The contact details of the parent
Next step includes the filling out of details for contact. Here is what you will be filling out:
- Your full address, including the PIN code.
- Correspondence city or town
- State/Union Territory
The last section of the step will be to enter your qualifications and degrees. Here is what you will need to provide:
- Qualifying Degree: You will need to provide your previous qualifications. Also, if this was done outside India, you will need to select others in the options.
- Name of the College and other details: You will be required to provide details of the college you graduated from. Along with this, you will be required to fill out all other details as required by the form.
- Year of Graduation: Whatever your qualifications may be, you will be required to provide the year of completion of your course.
- Other details: Other details may include providing for the state or union territory where your college was located, the PIN code for your college, City or town, etc.
Step 4: Uploading documents
Next step is to upload the relevant documents in the form of scanned PDF. And fill out the source and declaration on the online portal.
Step 5: Reviewing
You will be required to check your form and make relevant corrections if you missed out some details or correct your mistakes.
Step 6: Payment of the fees
Once you fix all the details, you will be required make payment for the exam form. To pay for the GATE 2019 application form, you will first need to select your mode of payment, through and select the option that fits you. Additionally, you will be required to fill out your bank details, card details, name on the card and other details as specified by the form. Here is a screenshot that will inform you as to what is to be done or added:
Once you fill out all the details on the portal, you will be able to make the payment and submit your exam form.
The fees for payment of the GATE exam form is as follows:
- For males, in General, or OBC, the form is available for Rs. 1500
- For females and SC, ST and PWD the form is available at Rs. 750
- For international students residing in Dubai and Singapore, the fee is $100
- For international students in Colombo, Addis Ababa, Dhaka, and Kathmandu the fee for the application form is $ 50
Step 7: Printing out the Form
Once you have made the payment and filled out all the relevant data for the form, you will be able to see the window with a notification of successful payment. The GOAPS window will also allow you to print this form out for future requirements if the need arises.
GATE Application Form Correction
While filling out the form, it is natural that there will be some mistakes. These mistakes can be fixed before the last date. The GATE examination board gives sufficient time for the students to rectify the errors they make during the filling out of the online forms.
However, it must be remembered that you can only change or rectify the details on your entrance forms and not on the GOAPS registration.
The rectification of errors, changing of various entries in the form is to be done in regards to the rules and regulations prescribed by the board regulating the examinations.
For City: If a candidate needs to make a change in the city, the candidate must do so in the allotted time. Additionally, the student will be charged fees of Rs. 400 for the change.
Here Is How You Can Make Changes Through GOAPS
If you need to make some changes to the chosen exam centre with the help of GOAPS, here is what you can do:
- Decide where you want to appear for the exam.
- Log into your GOAPS
- Locate and click on Exam Center, make the changes.
- Confirm, pay the fees and submit.
To change the name, DOB details and other things: The candidates can make changes in the various categories as they may see fit through communication to the various authorities. Although it is not a huge procedure, the candidate will still need to pay a fee for this type of change. Various kinds of changes in the form will be charged with different fees.
To change any form of personal data, the student must first get in touch with the organizing authorities and then pay the fee for change.
- Gender change of any kind will be charged with Rs. 750.
- Change in the category of the candidate will be charged with Rs. 750.
- Change in the PWD category will be charged with Rs. 750.
How to make changes through emails?
If you require to change some details and want to make it through your emails, here is what you need to do:
- Know what corrections you need to make.
- Have the scanned documents ready and upload them when asked to upload.
- Log in to your account registered with GOAPS and begin composing an email.
- While writing an email, mention the nature of correction you need to make. Always mention your name and enrollment ID.
- After attaching the document send the email to the relevant authorities for the required correction.
The list of email addresses and the zonal authorities for making the relevant changes can be found by following the link here.
Remember, if you make a change and the change is not correct, and you revert to the original entry, the additional fee payment will not be refunded. Therefore, be extra careful when you add your details and apply to make some corrections.
GATE Application Status
The forms are initially tagged with under scrutiny, which is not something to be worried about. If there is a problem with your application, the authorities will notify you via email or an SMS.
If you are concerned about your application s status, you can log into your GOAPS account and check your status here.
Steps to Retrieve Enrollment ID
If you forget your Enrollment ID or cannot find it anymore, do not worry, you can easily get a hold of the details by logging into GOAPS. You can go to the link here, and request for an OTP.
Once you receive the OTP, you can follow the steps as given by the website, which are easy to follow and retrieve your Enrollment ID.
Before you fill up your form, it is important for you to know if you are eligible for the entrance or not. It must be remembered that the eligibility for the entrance exam and the eligibility for a college of your choice are different.
Also, there is no specific age limit for the entrance.
|Course||Qualification Degree||Eligibility criteria for the candidate||Year of Qualification||Documents to be submitted|
|B.E./ B.Tech./ B.Pharm.||Bachelor's degree of four years after 10+2 in Engineering or Technology Diploma in Engineering or Technology||Graduated or in their final year of course completion||2019||Provisional certificate or degree certificate or a certificate by the Principal|
|B. Arch.||Bachelor s degree in a 5-year course after 10+ 2||Either graduated or in their final year||2019||Provisional certificate or degree certificate or a certificate by the Principal|
|B.Sc. (Research)/ B.S||Bachelor s degree in science, postgraduate diploma or four-year course after 10+2||Either in 4th year or already graduated||2019||Provisional certificate or degree certificate or a certificate by the Principal|
|M. Sc / M.A /MCA or equivalent||Master s degree in Computer applications, mathematics, science or in statistics||Either in their final year or already graduated||2019||Provisional certificate or degree certificate or a certificate by the Principal|
|Professional Society Examinations (equivalent to B.E / B.Tech / B.Arch)||Enrolled in a degree course held or provided by MHRD or UPSC or AICTE||Either in their final year or have already completed the course||2019||Provisional certificate or degree certificate or a certificate by the Principal|
For information on international students, their eligibility criteria and additional information, follow the link here.
Points to Remember While Filling out the GATE Online Form
Filling out any kind of form is a hard task. With multiple things to be remembered and mentioned in the forms, it is hard to understand what you need to do and how to add the info. However, here is a list of things and points to be kept in mind when you fill your GATE online application:
- Keep your documents ready: Scan all the documents and keep them in a PDF format to upload them when required.
- Do not change your Number or email address: When you get your GATE registration remember that you need to keep your number. All kinds of information for your GATE results and other details will be shared with you on the same number or email. A safe way of tackling this problem would be to provide a number which will not go out of service or will not be turned off.
- Keep your Reference and Enrollment IDs: Both of the IDs are important and come into use at any time. Remember to keep them with you. Note it down or save the numbers on your notepads, just to be sure.
- Use the same name: Remember to keep your name exactly as it is on your college documents. You will not be allowed make any changes in your name or other personal data here.
- Be careful with your Rectifications: When you wish to change some details, remember to double check the details on your form. A single correction will cost you a great deal of money.
- How can I apply for more than one GATE paper?
Of course not! You can only apply for one of the 23 papers for GATE in accordance with your qualifying degree.
- Will I get a refund if the correction made was wrong? It must be remembered that GATE allows you to rectify the mistakes on the form. However, the fee paid for such rectification is not refunded. It is advised that you be very careful when you apply for a rectification.
- Can I use my email ID to fill many forms? You cannot use one email address to fill out multiple forms.
- I accidentally paid for my GATE entrance fee twice, what should I do? It is common to make mistakes while filling your GATE application form, and due to various internet and connectivity issues, it is possible to pay twice. However, it not an issue. Any extra payment made will be reverted to your bank account within a week.
- I am still in my final year, how do I apply? Candidates in their final year can apply for GATE exams. However, you will be required to furnish a signed certificate from your Principal in place of the qualifying degree. It must be remembered that the document should be submitted in the prescribed form and uploaded where required.
- I made a mistake on the form, can I change the details? Mistakes are a common occurrence for GATE online application, and it is possible to rectify these errors. GATE allows you to rectify these errors by communicating with the authorized personnel for such issues. Other than this, a candidate can also do so by writing an email to the authorized It must be remembered that you will be charged an amount as fees for the change and it is non-refundable. The number of fees charged for the change will depend on the nature of the change required to be made.
- I had backlogs during my Bachelor s degree course, what should I upload? In case a candidate has backlogs or red marked subjects in their Bachelor s degree course, then the candidate needs to upload the final mark sheet without the backlogs for consideration.
- Is there a minimum percentage required for appearing for GATE entrances? GATE does not have an age limit or a minimum percentage to appear for the exam. However, your chosen college or university may specify such limits for age and percentage.