GATE 2019 Admit Card/Hall Ticket
GATE is one of the toughest common entrance examinations of India, at par with IAS and CAT. Every year, it is conducted by the seven IITs and the IISc institutes on behalf of MHRD.
After qualifying the GATE examination the candidate is eligible for the following:
- Admission in top technical institutes for postgraduate courses of science or Ph.D. programs
- Secure a monthly UGC scholarship
- GATE score is taken into account by many PSUs of India for recruitment
GATE 2019 is organised and administered by IIT Madras and the exams were held on February 02, 03, 09 and 10 over multiple sessions. The hall tickets for the registered applicants were issued on January 04, 2019. Read below to know further details about GATE 2019 Admit Card.
Important Dates Related to the Admit Cards
After the closing of applications in early October, for the eligible candidates with complete and accurate details matching the criteria were issued in January. Following are the important dates regarding the issue of GATE admit card.
|Release of applications||September 01, 2018|
|Last date of applications||October 03, 2018|
|Release of admit cards||January 04, 2019|
|Declaration of results||March 16, 2019|
Admit Card 2019
Step by Step Instructions to Download the Admit Card
Step 1: The candidate has go to the GOAPS login page on the GATE s official website to download their respective admit cards. When they click on the link, they will be directed to this page screenshot below.
Step 2: As shown in the screenshot, the candidates have to enter their enrolment ID or email address and the password in the respective fields. The case of the alphabets must be taken care of. In case someone has forgotten their password, they need to click on the Forgot Enrollment ID or Password button and they will be helped recover their account via the registered mail ID or phone number.
Step 3: The final step before logging in is to solve the easy sum provided in the form of captcha and enter the answer before clicking on Submit.
Step 4: The link to download the admit card corresponding to the enrolment ID will appear on the screen. Click on it and download the admit card.
Step 5: Details on the admit card needs to be checked thoroughly. If every piece of information matches, the candidate can now take printouts of the card in A4 sheets. The printout must be in colour, and it is suggested to get more than one copy.
Instructions for Printing the Admit Card Correctly
- The admit card must be printed on an A4 sheet
- It has to be a colour printout
- All the details must be accurate in relation to the information shared by the candidate during the application stage. Any discrepancy must be reported to the authorities via email immediately. While sending the e-mail, the mistakes need to be mentioned properly along with the candidate s name and enrolment ID
- The candidate should print multiple copies in case one copy gets damaged
- It is of utmost importance to make sure that the print quality is of the best standard. If the picture comes out to be blurry and the signature or other texts look hazy on paper, it might become an issue on the date of the exam
Details Mentioned in the Admit Card
- Full name of the candidate in the same spelling as entered by him/her in the application
- Photograph of the candidate
- Digital signature of the candidate
- Date of the examination of the subject paper appearing for
- Time of the examination when it will be held online
- Registration number of the candidate
- The GATE paper he/she is appearing for
- The allotted exam centre with its code and its full address details
- Barcode of the enrolment ID
- Name, designation and signature of the organising chairman
- Instructions for the candidate in the back of the admit card.
Documents to Carry Along with the Admit Card
The GATE hall ticket alone will not help the candidate in the examination hall. It must be accompanied with a photo ID proof. This must be the same photo ID proof that the candidate had submitted during the application. Any photocopy of the ID proof or soft copy in the phone will not suffice. In such cases, the candidate will be disqualified and will not be allowed to sit for the GATE examination. The following official documents are accepted by the authorities as valid identity proofs.For Indian candidates:
- Aadhaar Card
- Voter ID
- PAN Card
- Employee Identification
- Valid College ID signed by college authorities
- Driving License (unexpired)
- Valid Passport
- Valid Government issued ID/Employee ID/College ID
The candidates must keep in mind that even though any of these documents are accepted as valid ID proof, the one they have given during the application will be the one accepted at the examination hall and nothing else.
Steps to Retrieve GATE 2019 Enrolment ID and Password
If the candidate has forgotten their password for their GOAPS portal, which is the only access for everything starting from admit card to the scorecard, there is an easy way to retrieve it.
Step 1: On the homepage of the portal, at the end just below the submit button there is another link which says Forgot enrolment ID or password? To recover their GOAPS account, the candidate must click here.
Step 2: This link will take the candidate to a page which will ask whether he/she wants to request an OTP.
Step 3: Unless the candidate already has an OTP, they have to click on the top button to request one.
Step 4: The next page will ask the candidate to provide the registered mobile number along with the registered enrolment ID or email ID. The candidate must take care of the country code for the mobile number.