GATE 2020 Admit Card / Hall Ticket
GATE Admit Card 2020: IIT Delhi shall release GATE Admit Card 2020 on January 3, 2020. It will be available at appsgate.iitd.ac.in. It is advised to download the admit card in advance. Candidates can access and download the admit card online by logging in through GOAPS using their enrollment number or email ID and password. Admit card shall have all the relevant details like the venue address, examination date, timings and more.
In event of any discrepancies in the admit card of GATE 2020, candidates need to contact the IIT Delhi or their respective zonal IITs for the rectification of errors. On the examination day, the candidates will be required to present GATE 2020 admit card along with a photo identity proof. No candidate will be allowed inside the examination hall without the admit card of GATE 2020. It is to be noted that the details mentioned in the admit card will not be open for change. Read the full article to know more about GATE Admit Card 2020.
Important Dates Related to the GATE 2020 Admit Cards
After the closing of applications in September / October, for the eligible candidates with complete and accurate details matching the criteria were issued in January. Following are the important dates regarding the issue of GATE admit card.
|Release of applications||September 03, 2019|
|Last date of applications||September 24, 2019|
|Release of admit cards||January 03, 2020|
|Declaration of results||March 16, 2020|
GATE 2020: Procedure to Download Admit Card
Step by Step Instructions to Download the GATE 2020 Admit Card
Step 1: The candidate has to go to the GOAPS login page on the GATE official website to download their respective admit cards. When they click on the link, they will be directed to this page screenshot below.
Step 2: As shown in the screenshot, the candidates have to enter their enrolment ID or email address and the password in the respective fields. The case of the alphabets must be taken care of. In case someone has forgotten their password, they need to click on the Forgot Enrollment ID or Password button and they will be helped recover their account via the registered mail ID or phone number.
Step 3: The final step before logging in is to solve the easy sum provided in the form of captcha and enter the answer before clicking on Submit.
Step 4: The link to download the admit card corresponding to the enrolment ID will appear on the screen. Click on it and download the admit card.
Step 5: Details on the admit card needs to be checked thoroughly. If every piece of information matches, the candidate can now take printouts of the card in A4 sheets. The printout must be in colour, and it is suggested to get more than one copy.
GATE 2020: Instructions for Printing the Admit Card Correctly
- The admit card must be printed on an A4 sheet
- It has to be a colour printout
- All the details must be accurate in relation to the information shared by the candidate during the application stage. Any discrepancy must be reported to the authorities via email immediately. While sending the e-mail, the mistakes need to be mentioned properly along with the candidate s name and enrolment ID
- The candidate should print multiple copies in case one copy gets damaged
- It is of utmost importance to make sure that the print quality is of the best standard. If the picture comes out to be blurry and the signature or other texts look hazy on paper, it might become an issue on the date of the exam
Details Mentioned in the GATE Admit Card
- Full name of the candidate in the same spelling as entered by him/her in the application
- Photograph of the candidate
- Digital Signature of the candidate
- Date of the examination of the subject paper appearing for
- Time of the examination when it will be held online
- Registration number of the candidate
- The GATE paper he/she is appearing for
- The allotted exam centre with its code and its full address details
- Barcode of the enrolment ID
- Name, designation and signature of the organising chairman
- Instructions for the candidate in the back of the admit card.
Documents to Carry Along with the GATE 2020 Admit Card / Hall Ticket
The GATE hall ticket alone will not help the candidate in the examination hall. It must be accompanied by a photo ID proof. This must be the same photo ID proof that the candidate had submitted during the application. Any photocopy of the ID proof or soft copy in the phone will not suffice. In such cases, the candidate will be disqualified and will not be allowed to sit for the GATE examination. The following official documents are accepted by the authorities as valid identity proofs.For Indian candidates:
- Aadhaar Card
- Voter ID
- PAN Card
- Employee Identification
- Valid College ID signed by college authorities
- Driving License (unexpired)
- Valid Passport
- Valid Government-issued ID/Employee ID/College ID
The candidates must keep in mind that even though any of these documents are accepted as valid ID proof, the one they have given during the application will be the one accepted at the examination hall and nothing else.
Steps to Retrieve GATE 2020 Enrolment ID and Password
If the candidate has forgotten their password for their GOAPS portal, which is the only access for everything starting from admit card to the scorecard, there is an easy way to retrieve it.
Step 1: On the homepage of the portal, at the end just below the submit button there is another link which says Forgot enrolment ID or password? To recover their GOAPS account, the candidate must click here.
Step 2: This link will take the candidate to a page which will ask whether he/she wants to request an OTP.
Step 3: Unless the candidate already has an OTP, they have to click on the top button to request one.
Step 4: The next page will ask the candidate to provide the registered mobile number along with the registered enrolment ID or email ID. The candidate must take care of the country code for the mobile number.