Current Affairs Quiz (20 December – 26 December, 2017)
Prelims Practice Questions (20 December 26 December 2017)
Please leave your answers in the comments below.
1. Which of the following countries are party to the Chagos Archipelago dispute?1. Maldives
Select the correct statements-a. 1,2 and 3
b. 1,2 and 4
c. 1 and 4
d. All of the above
2. Recently Raqqa has been in news. It isa. A city in Iraq
b. A city in Syria
c. A water body between Iraq and Syria
d. A city in Lebanon
3. Consider the following statements about RCEP.1. It is a proposed free trade agreement (FTA) between the ten member states of ASEAN and the six states with which ASEAN has existing free trade agreements.
2. It potentially includes almost 45% of the world's population, and a combined GDP of about $21.3 trillion, accounting for about 40 percent of world trade.
Select the correct statements-a. 1 only
b. 2 only
c. Both 1 and 2
d. None of the above
4.To prevent recurrence of scams in Indian Capital Market, the Government of India has assigned regulatory powers toa. SEBI
5. Consider the following statements about North Korea1.The Yellow Sea and the Korea Bay are off the east coast and the Sea of Japan is off the west coast of North Korea.
2. It shares its borders with Russia, China and South Korea.
3. Its capital is Seoul.
Select the correct answer using the code given below.a. 1 and 2 only
b. 2 only
c. 1 and 3 only
d. All of the above
6.Which one of the following is the continent with the highest mean elevation in the world?a. Antarctica
b. North America
d. South America
7. Which of the following are matters on which a constitutional amendment is possible only with the ratification of the legislatures of not less than one-half of the States?I. Election of the President
II. Representation of States in Parliament
III. Any of the Lists in the 7th Schedule
IV. Abolition of the Legislative Council of a State
Choose the correct answer from the codes given below :a. I, II and III
b. II and III
c. I, III and IV
d. II, III and IV
8. Siang is sometimes mentioned in the news with reference to which one of the following?a. A disputed area between India and China
b. A place in Ladakh
c. A tributary of river Brahmaputra
d. A dangerous disease in China
9. The Alpine vegetation in the western Himalayas is found only up to a height of 3000 metres, while in the eastern Himalayas it is found up to a height of 4000 metres. The reason for this variation in the same mountain range is thata. eastern Himalayas are higher than western Himalayas
b. eastern Himalayas are nearer to the Equator and sea coast than western Himalayas
c. eastern Himalayas get more monsoon rainfall than the western Himalayas
d. eastern Himalayan rocks are more fertile than the western Himalayan rocks
10. In Sanskrit plays written during the Gupta Period women and Sudras speaka. Sanskrit