BPSC Exam Pattern for State Services Exam
BPSC Exam Pattern 2019 - Bihar Public Service Commission conducts various examination for the recruitment of the most deserving, eligible and qualified candidates for State Services and all the other administrative services of the Government of Bihar. Those aspirants who have applied for BPSC recruitment exam and want to know the BPSC Exam Pattern can continue reading the page to get complete details about the pattern and syllabus for BPSC exam.
For BPSC Exam Syllabus, one needs to know about the new BPSC Exam Pattern. Before appearing in the examination candidates should have a clear idea about BPSC's new Pattern for Prelims/Main Exam, it s marking scheme and duration of the exam. To get recruited through Bihar Public Service Commission, candidates need to clear the three stages of the exam which are as follows:
- BPSC Prelims Exam
- BPSC Main Exam
BPSC Exam Pattern 2019 for Prelims
The preliminary examination consists of one objective type paper (multiple choice questions). This Examination is meant to serve as a screening test only. On the basis of marks obtained in this examination, candidates will be declared qualified for Main Examination. The final merit list will be prepared only on the basis of marks obtained in Main Examination and Interview.
- Question papers will be of objective type (multiple choice questions). Each question will have four probable answers grouped under A, B, C and D of which only one will be the correct answer. The candidate is required to record correct answers in the answer booklet provided.
- The question paper consists of 150 questions of 1 marks each. The total marks for the paper will be 150 and time duration for the paper will be 2 hours.
- There will be no negative marking.
- Each question paper will be in Hindi and English.
|Paper||Total Questions||Duration of Exam||Max Marks|
|Paper 1||150 (1 marks ques)||2 hrs||150|
BPSC Exam Pattern 2019 for Mains
Main Examination will be a written examination. The Written examination will consist of four papers of conventional essay type questions.
- Each paper will be of three hours duration.
- The question papers for the examination will be of conventional essay type.
- Total marks assigned to Written Examination is 900.
- The applicants will have to obtain at least 30% marks in Hindi paper which will be qualifying in nature.
|Question Paper||Subjects||Duration of Exam||Marks|
|Paper I||General Studies Paper 1||3 hrs.||300 Marks|
|Paper II||General Studies Paper 2||3 hrs.||300 Marks|
|Paper III||Optional Paper||3 hrs.||300 Marks|
|Total||9 hrs.||900 Marks|
The applicants must choose their optional subjects wisely. The optional papers may comprise of following subjects
|Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science||Mathematics|
|Commerce & Accountancy||Political Science & International Relations|
|Electrical Engineering||Public Administration|