APPSC Group 1 Syllabus for 2020 Andhra State Services Exam
APPSC Group 1 Syllabus 2020 - Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC) has notified the new syllabus & exam pattern for the upcoming Pre and Main exam of Andhra Pradesh PSC. APPSC Group 1 Syllabus is vast and needs to be examined carefully before making notes. We have prepared a complete syllabus for APPSC Group 1 exam.
APPSC Syllabus for Group 1 is very important for doing preparation well for the exam. Lack of knowledge for the syllabus is the main cause to face failure in Examination. Applicants may start their preparations with the help of the APPSC Group 1 Exam Pattern and score good marks.
For Andhra Pradesh PSC Group 1 Syllabus, one needs to know about the new APPSC Group 1 Exam Pattern. To get recruited through Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission, candidates need to clear the three most essential sections which are as follows:
- APPSC Group 1 Pre Exam
- APPSC Group 1 Main Exam
AP PSC Exam Group 1 Syllabus, therefore, can be broadly divided into two parts; APPSC Group 1 Prelims Syllabus for APPSC Prelims Exam and APPSC Group 1 Mains Syllabus for APPSC Group 1 Mains Exam.
Phase I: APPSC Group 1 Syllabus for Preliminary Exam
The preliminary examination of APPSC PCS will comprise of objective type questions. APPSC PCS Prelims will be qualifying in nature. The applicants will be given multiple choices for each question. There will be total 150 questions, each carrying 1 mark i.e. total marks assigned for the preliminary examination is 150. The duration of the examination will be 150 minutes. This Examination is meant to serve as a screening test only and the marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination by the Candidates, who are declared qualified for admission to the Main Examination, will not be counted for determining their final order of merit. You can also download the APPSC Syllabus for Group 1 for prelims in the pdf form.
APPSC Group 1 Syllabus for Prelims Exam
APPSC Group 1 General Studies Syllabus
- History & Culture
- Constitution, Polity, Social Justice & International Relations.
- Indian and Andhra Pradesh Economy and Planning.
- Basic characteristics of Indian Economy
- National Income
- Indian Agriculture.
- Financial Institutions
- Characteristics/Basic futures of AP Economy.
- General Geography
APPSC Group 1 General Aptitude Syllabus
- General Mental and Psychological Abilities
- Science and Technology
- Current Events of Regional, national and International Importance.
Phase II: APPSC Group 1 Syllabus for Mains Exam
For the Written Examination, there are basically five papers in APPSC Main Examination is of Essay, General Studies Paper 1, General Studies Paper 2, General Studies Paper 3 & General Studies Paper 4. Total marks assigned to Written Examination is 750. The applicants will have to qualify English paper which is of 150 marks. The marks obtained in the Mains Examination by the Candidates, who are declared qualified for admission to the Interview Test. You can also download the APPSC Syllabus for Group 1 for mains in the pdf form.
APPSC Group 1 Syllabus for Mains Exam
APPSC Group 1 Mains Syllabus for English
- Letter Writing
- Press Release/Appeal
- Report Writing.
- Writing on Visual Information
- Formal Speech
- Previs Writing.
- Reading Comprehension
- English Grammar
APPSC Group 1 Telugu Syllabus
- Elaborate the though of Poetic or Verse
- Precise Writing
- Formal Speech.
- To Prepare the statements for Publicity media.
- Letter writing
- Debate writing
- Application writing
- Report writing.
- Dialogue writing or dialogue skills
- The grammar of Telugu.
APPSC Group 1 Mains Paper I – General Essay Syllabus
- Current Affairs
- Socio-Political Issues, Economical issues, environmental issues.
- Cultural & Historical Aspects.
- Issues related to civic awareness
- Reflective topics.
- Area of Testing (Paper would test the following)
- Ability to compose a well-argued piece of writing.
- Ability to express coherently and sequentially.
- Awareness of the subject chosen.
- Evaluation/Marketing (Credit will be given to following)
- Observing established rules and format for essay writing.
- Grammatical correctness of expression.
- The originality of thought and expression.
APPSC Group 1 Mains Syllabus Paper-II
- History and Culture of India.
- History and Culture of Andhra Pradesh.
- Geography – India and Andhra Pradesh.
APPSC Group 1 Mains Paper-III Syllabus
- Indian Polity and Constitution.
- Public Administration and Governance.
- Ethics and Public Service and Knowledge of Law.
Andhra Pradesh Group 1 Syllabus Mains Paper-IV
- Major Challenges of Indian Economy
- Resource Mobilization in the Indian Economy.
- Resource Mobilization in AP.
- Government Budgeting.
- Govt Budgeting in AP.
- Inclusive Growth.
- Agriculture Development.
- Agriculture Development in AP.
- Industrial Development and Policy.
- Industrial Policy of AP Govt.
- Infrastructure in India.
- Infrastructure Development in Andhra Pradesh.
APPSC Group 1 Paper-V Syllabus
- Integration of Science, Tech & Innovation for a better human life.
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
- Indian Space Programme (ISRO, DRDO).
- Indian’s energy Needs, Efficiency & Resources.
- Development Vs. Nature / Environment.
- Environmental pollution and Solid waste management.
- Nature, Scope, and Applications of Bio-Tech & NanoTech in India.
- Human diseases-microbial infections.
- Issues related to Intellectual Property Rights in the field of Science and Tech.
- Promotion of Science in AP and India Etc.