APPSC Exam Pattern for State Services Exam
APPSC Group 1 Exam Pattern for State Services Exam:
Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission conducts various examination for the recruitment of the most deserving, eligible and qualified candidates in State Services and all the other administrative services of the Government of Andhra Pradesh. Those aspirants who have applied for recruitment exam and want to know the APPSC Exam Pattern so here on this page you may get the complete details regarding the pattern, subject, eligibility etc and prepare accordingly.
For APPSC Exam Syllabus, one needs to know about the new APPSC Exam Pattern. Before appear in examination candidates should have clear about APPSC New Paper Structure for Prelims/Main Exam, it s marking scheme in details, duration etc. To get recruited through Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission, candidates need to clear the three most essential sections which are as follows:
- APPSC Prelims Exam
- APPSC Main Exam
APPSC Exam Pattern for Prelims:
The preliminary examination will consist of one paper of objective type (multiple choice questions). This Examination is meant to serve as a screening test only. On the basis of marks obtained in this examination, candidates are declared qualified for Main Examination. Final selection list will be prepared only on the basis of marks obtained in Main Examination and Interview.
- Question papers will be of objective type (multiple choice questions). Each question will have four probable answers grouped under A, B, C and D of which the only one will be the correct answer. The candidate is required to record in the answer book, only A, B, C or D as may be adjudged by him to be the correct answer.
- The question paper consists of 150 questions of 1 marks each. The total marks for the paper will be 150 and time duration for the paper will be 150 minutes.
- There will be 1/3 negative marking for each question.
|Paper||Subjects||Duration of Exam||No of Questions||Max Marks|
|Paper 1||General Studies & Mental Ability||2.5 hrs||150||150 marks|
APPSC Exam Pattern for Mains:
APPSC Main Examination will consist of a written test and an interview. The written test shall consist of question papers of descriptive type. APPSC Group 1 Exam Pattern for Mains consists of the following papers.
|Question Paper||Subjects||Descriptipon||Duration of Exam||Marks|
|Paper I||General English||(10th Standard-Qualifying for Interviews)||2 hrs.||150 Marks|
|Paper II||General Essay||2 hrs.||150 Marks|
|Paper III||General Studies Paper I||i) History and Cultural Heritage of India with Emphasis on20th Century History of India.ii) Social History of Andhra Pradesh i.e., the history ofvarious social and cultural movements in Andhra Pradeshiii) General overview of the Indian Constitution||2 hrs.||150 Marks|
|Paper IV||General Studies Paper II||i) Planning in India & Indian Economyii) Land Reforms and social changes in Andhra Pradesh after Independenceiii) Andhra Pradesh Economy present status, its strengths and weaknesses||2 hrs.||150 Marks|
|Paper V||General Studies Paper III||i) The role and Impact of Science & Technology in thedevelopment of India with emphasis on the applied aspectsii) General awareness with the modern trends in life sciences.iii) Development and environmental problems||2 hrs.||150 Marks|
|Paper VI||General Studies Paper IV||Data appreciation and Interpretation, Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude and Problem solvingi) Data analysis and Interpretation of diagrammatic dataii) Logical Reasoning & Quantitative Aptitude andiii) Passage Analysis||2 hrs.||150 Marks|
- Each paper will be of two hours duration.
- The question papers for the examination will be of conventional essay type.
- Total marks assigned to Written Examination is 750. The applicants will have to obtain at least 30 marks in Hindi paper which will be qualifying in nature.
- English Paper will be qualifying in nature. Marks obtained in English would be counted for selection to Interview