Anthropology Answer Writing Practice - Week 8 - Question 3
90 Days Anthropology Answer Writing Practice Question 1 for 24-Jan-2018
Instructions for Writing Answer1. Write your answers in the comment section.
2. Experts will provide their feedback in reply.
3. Model Answers will be uploaded to this page next day.
4. Rectify your mistakes and progress further.
5. All the Best.
24-Jan-2018 - Question 1
Discuss the problem of displaced tribal communities with the help of recent examples. (2011)
India although having about 8.6 percent of Tribes, they are among the poorest and most marginalised sections of Indian society and disproportionately represent the people living below the poverty line, are illiterate and suffer from extremely poor physical health.Problems :
- Tribal communities face disregard for their values and culture, breach of protective legislation, serious material and social deprivation, and aggressive resource alienation.
- The tribal lands have been acquired by the government and subverted to accommodate corporate interests which leads to tribals losing their homes.
- Laws and rules which protect them have rarely been followed which is affecting them by every means.
- Involuntary migration, loss of livelihood is taking place because of illegal mining and other infrastructure projects.
- Policies for protections and safeguards for their distinct identity has to be set as enshrined in the constitution.
- Radical changes have to be done to the laws, regulations and rules to protect tribal communities from land alienation and to ensure their rights over resources are handed back and protected.
- Tribal land should be protected and also mining in their land should be done by tribals itself.
- Consent of gram sabhas is required while acquiring forest lands.
- The rights of tribals over many of their common property resources outside the forest areas has to be recognised.
- Strict implementation of the new land law, Forest Rights Act and the strengthening of the Panchayat (Extension to Scheduled Areas) Act has to be done.
- The government has to take all these actions and proper implementation of them is required to make tribals "a part of the system" instead of making them "apart from our system".