Anthropology Answer Writing Practice - Week 1 - Question 2
90 Days Anthropology Answer Writing Practice Question 2 for 04-Dec-2017
Instructions for Writing Answer1. Write your answers in the comment section.
2. Experts will provide their feedback in reply.
3. Model Answers will be uploaded on this page next day.
4. Rectify your mistakes and progress further.
5. All the Best.
04-Dec-2017 - Question 2
'Man can stand erect while anthropoid apes cannot . Discuss the anatomical changes that occurred in Man due to erect posture.
Model AnswerFollowing anatomical changes needs to be elaborated in your answer.
- Skull- skull well balanced on the first vertebra, foramen magnum centrally placed
- Vertebral column - elastic ligaments between vertebral lamina, four alternative curves, extensor n spinal muscles in the direction of spinal process
- Thorax- transverse diameter more than dorsoventral diameter
- Pelvis- ileum has become short, sacral part enlarged, head of the femur enlarged, acetabulum thicker n larger, n it is centrally placed
- Limbs- Legs longer than arms to withstand body weight
- Femur - muscle attachments n ridges more sharply defined. Linea Aspera is a characteristic feature of humans
- Footless opposability of great toe, shock absorbing arches, medial n lateral arches, calcaneum larger n stronger, wedge-shaped development of other torsal bones
Note: The model Answer is for only your reference purpose and is not the ideal answer for the question.Link to Question 1 - Click Here