The Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC) has released the RPSC notification 2016 on state services examination on April 28, 2016. The RAS Exam is conducted by the RPSC annually for recruitment to the prestigious Rajasthan Administrative Service (RAS) and Rajasthan Police Service (RPS), among others. The RAS notification 2016 contains all the important information such as RPSC syllabus, exam pattern, eligibility, number of vacancies, procedure to apply etc.
Scheme of examination
The Combined Competitive Examination will be held in two successive stages-
- Preliminary Examination: The Preliminary Examination will consist of one paper on General Knowledge & General Science, which will be of objective type and carry a maximum of 200 marks. The examination is meant to serve as a screening test only. The Standard of the paper will be that of a Bachelor’s Degree Level. The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination by the candidates, who are declared qualified for admission to Main Examination will not be counted for determining their final order of merit.
- Main examination: (a) The number of candidates to be admitted to the Main Examination will be 15 times the total approximate number of vacancies (category wise) to be filled in the year in the various Services and posts, but in the said range all those candidates who secure the same percentage of marks as may be fixed by the Commission for any lower range will be admitted to the Main Examination. (b) The written examination will consist of the following four papers which will be descriptive/analytical. A candidate must take all the papers listed below which will also consist of question paper of brief, medium, long answer and descriptive type questions. The standard of General Hindi and General English will be that of Sr. Secondary level. The time allowed for each paper shall be 3 hours.
Personality and viva-voce Examination
- Candidates who obtain such minimum qualifying marks in the written test of the Main Examination as may be fixed by the Commission in their discretion shall be summoned by them for an interview for a personality test which carries 100 marks.
- The Commission shall award marks to each candidate interviewed by them. In interviewing the candidates besides awarding marks in respect of character, personality, address, physique, marks shall also be awarded for the candidate’s knowledge of Rajasthani culture. However for selection to the Rajasthan Police Service, candidates having ‘C’ Certificate of N.C.C. shall be given preference. The marks so awarded shall be added to the marks obtained in the written test by each such candidate.
- All papers shall be answered either in Hindi or in English, but no candidate shall be permitted to answer any one paper partly in Hindi and partly in English unless specifically allowed to do so.
- If a candidate’s handwriting is not easily legible, a deduction will be made on this account from the total marks otherwise accruing to him.
- Credit will be given for orderly, effective and exact expression combined with due economy of words in all subjects of examination.
Syllabus and scope of the papers
The syllabus and scope of each paper for the examination will is prescribed by the Commission and is update on NeoStencil from time to time as per the latest notification. Please visit http://neostencil.com/rpsc-syllabus-ras-exam/ for complete prelims and mains syllabus in an easy to understand format.
After tremendous success in IAS 2015 with over 300 selections and 24 ranks in Top 100, NeoStencil is launching RAS Online Test Series for a cutting edge RAS Online Preparation. NeoStencil is a pioneer in Online Preparation for various civil services examination and has become The #1 Online Platform for Civil Services preparation. The RAS Test Series is available both online and offline through our Jaipur Center. It is prepared by the Top faculty of India keeping in line with the latest trends and newest pattern of examination. Click below to find out more about the test series and enroll today! There are Scholarships worth Rs 2 Lakhs to be given.