MPPSC Exam Pattern for State Services Exam:
Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission conducts various examination for the recruitment of the most deserving, eligible and qualified candidates in State Services and all the other administrative services of the Government of Madhya Pradesh. Those aspirants who have applied for recruitment exam and want to know the MPPSC Exam Pattern so here on this page you may get the complete details regarding the pattern, subject, eligibility etc and prepare accordingly.
For MPPSC Exam Syllabus, one needs to know about the new MPPSC Exam Pattern. Before appear in examination candidates should have clear about MPPSC New Paper Structure for Prelims/Main Exam, it’s marking scheme in details, duration etc. To get recruited through Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission, candidates need to clear the three most essential sections which are as follows:
- MPPSC Preliminary Exam
- MPPSC Main Exam
MPPSC Preliminary Exam Pattern:
The preliminary examination will consist of two papers of objective type (multiple choice questions). This Examination is meant to serve as a screening test only. On the basis of marks obtained in this examination, candidates are declared qualified for Main Examination. Final selection list will be prepared only on the basis of marks obtained in Main Examination and Interview.
- Both the question papers will be of objective type (multiple choice questions). Each question will have four probable answers grouped under A, B, C and D of which only one will be the correct answer. The candidate is required to record in the answer book, only A, B, C or D as may be adjudged by him to be the correct answer.
- Each question papers will consist of 100 questions of 2 marks each. The total marks for each paper will be 200 and time duration for each paper will be of 2 hours.
- Each question paper will be in Hindi and English.
|Paper||Subjects||Duration of Exam||Marks|
|Paper 1||General Studies||2 hrs||200 Marks|
|Paper 2||General Aptitude Test||2 hrs||200 Marks|
The number of candidates to be admitted to the Main Examination will be about Fifteen times the total number of vacancies to be filled in various categories of services and posts as indicated in the advertisement. Only those candidates who are declared by the Commission to have qualified in the preliminary examination under a particular advertisement will be eligible for admission to the Main Examination. To be eligible for the main examination, candidates must secure a minimum of 40% marks in each question paper of preliminary examination. For Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/Other Backward Class and Handicapped Candidates the minimum qualifying marks will be 30 %.
Download the MPPSC Preliminary Exam Pattern:
MPPSC Mains Exam Pattern:
Main Examination will consist of a written examination. The Written examination will consist of seven papers of conventional essay type questions.
- Each paper will be of three hours duration.
- The question papers for the examination will be of conventional essay type.
- Question papers other than language papers will be both in Hindi and English. Question papers of engineering subjects will be only in English. The candidates will have the option to answer the question papers in Hindi or English except in the case of language papers.
- Question No. 1 of each paper (Consisting 20 short answer questions each one is to be answered in one or two lines) will be Compulsory. Each question will carry 3 marks, maximum portion of the syllabi will be covered under these questions.
(a) Compulsory Papers:
|Paper||Subjects||Duration of Exam||Marks|
|Paper I||General Studies||3 hrs.||300 Marks|
|Paper II||General Studies||3 hrs.||300 Marks|
|Paper III||General Hindi||3 hrs.||300 Marks|
(b) Optional Papers:
|Papers||Subjects||Duration of the Exam||Marks|
|Paper IV||Any two subjects are to be selected|
(from the list of optional subjects set
out in Para 7) each subject will have
|3 hrs.||300 Marks for each paper|
Download the MPPSC Mains Exam Pattern:
Note- Qualifying marks for the interview for unreserved candidates will be at least 33% marks in each paper and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/ Other Backward Class and Physically Handicapped categories, these minimum qualifying marks would be 23%.
Download the MPPSC Syllabus for 2017: